Pentair Screenlogic

Intenseman

Mar 2, 2022
Dallas
I have screen logic on another PC in the house as well as an Android device. I'm working on a new install on Windows 10. I'm not able to get the software to connect. Still currently works on the other devices.

Any idea what I need to look for on the new install?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Welcome to the forum.

I assume you have installed the ScreenLogic software on the new computer. And entered the Protocol Adapter code. The new computer is on the same Wi-Fi system as the protocol adapter and the other machines.

Welcome to the forum.

I assume you have installed the ScreenLogic software on the new computer. And entered the Protocol Adapter code. The new computer is on the same Wi-Fi system as the protocol adapter and the other machines.
Thank you for the welcome. Yes, mknauss, all of those are true. Jimrahbe, I also started as administrator. I also uninstalled, reinstalled and started as administrator. I still get the following message in the "Connecting ToRemote System..." window after clicking on "Start ScreenLogic" or "Configure ScreenLogic":

Discovery Service: 166.78.45.67:500
Connecting to Discovery Service...
Connected.
Sending GATEWAY remote connection request...
ERRROR: System not found

Any ideas?

I,

Sorry, I don't... Mine just worked from the get go..

If I were in your shoes, I'd temporarily move my old PC to the Windows 10 PC location and see if it could find the adapter. If it can, that would mean it has to be some Windows 10 PC issue. If the old PC can't find the adapter, that would mean that it is some kind of network issue.

I'd do that mainly because I have no clue how to troubleshoot network problems.. :confused:

Jim R.

Install as admin first - and not in Program Files or Program Files (x86).
Then set it up to Run as Admin automatically each time you click the shortcut.

I,

Sometimes it is the simple things that trip us up.

When it pops up the adapter Name and IP address it is asking you to select which adapter you want as if there was a list of adapters.

After you select it the first time it will automatically turn blue the next time you bring it up.

It is so routine, I forgot it even existed.

Glad you were able to figure it out.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.