Pentair ScreenLogic stopped working

Leviny

Dec 7, 2013
Los Angeles
Able to connect, but blank screen. Works fine on the phone, so it's not the controller or the wireless. I suspect it's related to the latest Windows 10 update. I could undo the update, but I'd like to hear if others are having the same problem or if there is another solution.

L,

I still use the old Windows 7, so have not had this issue. Since the wireless system and protocol adapter must be working for your ScreenLogic app on your phone to work, then it sure sounds like a Windows update issue.

Have you tried to load a new copy of the App to your PC?

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Try updating the protocol adapter here. For best results, update through a computer that is hard wired to the internet (not wifi). If it can not connect (through your PC) to update, then you need to replace the adapter. Pentair has been pretty good about swapping them out. Call tech support, they can walk you through the update if you want.

Miles,

Not sure about the EasyTouch itself, but you don't need any hardware for the Protocol Adapter or App update. Just follow the link provided by Pool Clown.

Current release, which is about a year old, is 5.2 build, 733.0 Release.

Jim R.

You would need the firmware flasher and be a warranty station as Pentair doesn't like to sell those to the public. I doubt an older version of firmware on the EasyTouch would, or could disrupt the PA. Never seen it anyway. You will need to have the screen logic software running on the desktop computer to be able to attempt a firmware upgrade on the PA. You cannot run this update through your smart phone.

Thanks for the replies. The adapter is the latest version, updated by a few months ago. Worked fine after that. Since the ios app works fine, I don't think anything is wrong with the adapter or the wireless. In the PC, I see the IP address of the controller, and I can access the "configure screenlogic" utility. But when I try to "start screenlogic" I get a window with a blank screen. I've rolled back the windows update and no change. Tried it on different users on the computer, no change. Uninstalled it completely and reinstalled, no change. Calling Pentair today but not expecting much.

Blank or black screen means there are some missing or corrupt ScreenLogic files on the adapter (brick).

Run the brick adapter updater software again from the Pentair website (Sometimes you have to do this twice), making sure firmware versions between adapter and your computer match. If not, you will need to update the computer software from their website.

Sorry, not update, un-install, then reinstall with the newer version.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had the exact same issue a few months ago. As soon as I updated to W10, bye bye Screenlogic. In talking with a Pentair tech, the suggestion came up of reversing the update, especially because it has been proven that W10 does NOT work properly with older computers, in my case, an older laptop (probably 6 or 7 years old).

My point is that you might have a problem between W10 and the computer, which is affecting Screenlogic........ good luck!!

FIXED!

Took Pool Clown's advice, and updated the protocol adapter, even though it was already the latest version. Now everything works as it did before.

I just wanted to add that this worked for me too (today, August 12, 2017) even though mine too was already running the latest version. Interestingly, the file I downloaded from Pentair to attempt this would not work (something about read only permissions or something like that), so I checked and found that I still had the file in my downloads folder from last September when I originally did the update. (Sometimes not tidying up DOES pay off!) I deleted the file I just downloaded and ran the update from the one I downloaded in September and everything is back to normal.

OH, I'm using an iMac, so mine had nothing to do with Windows. AND, like others have said, my app on my iPhone WAS working (sorta -more on that in a minute), so I too, thought there was nothing wrong with the protocol adapter. My iPhone app was connecting, and showed many of the parameters, but it didn't show history and colors had changed to some weird translucent purples and stuff. There had recently been an app update, so I thought that was something they changed. Now that I re-updated my protocol adapter (again, with the same version it was already running), the iPhone app is back to the normal colors.

So do you have to be certified to do the update? I wasn’t exactly sure that pool clown was saying in that part.

You would need the firmware flasher and be a warranty station as Pentair doesn't like to sell those to the public.”

So do you have to be certified to do the update? I wasn’t exactly sure that pool clown was saying in that part.

You would need the firmware flasher and be a warranty station as Pentair doesn't like to sell those to the public.”

my,

Pool Clown was talking about updating the F/W in the EasyTouch or IntelliTouch.. which requires special hardware...

You don't need anything special to update the F/W in the Protocol adapter...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Just installed the equipment and the program on my Windows 10 machine - setting administrator rights and Windows 7 Compatibility mode were my solution.

New installation. Windows 10. Was working fine with iPhone6 but would do nothing once I clicked "start Screenlogic" button. It would turn the cursor into a circle like it was doing something then just stop and stay on the screenlogic connect screen. I ran the shortcut as administrator and it worked.
I tried the right click "troubleshoot compatibility" and windows suggested running it as windows 8.
doing this allows me to save the settings so I can just click it.

Was coming up with the black screen on 2 different computers (win10 and win7), neither of which had changed, but working fine on the android app. Updating the adapter did the trick for me too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.