Pentair Screenlogic and Mac Catalina

I just bought a house with a Pentair system and was reviewing the comments on this forum. I run VMWare (I think its $50) with WIndows 10 on my iMac so I decided to install the Screenlogic software on the VM. Worked like a charm. But I would still like Pentair to create a MacOS version that works.

If you are going to use a Windows VM make sure you have your network settings set appropriately so the connect software can see your Pentair system

Attachments

• vmware-network-setting.png
    vmware-network-setting.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I finally had to update my iMac to Catalina today because otherwise, I could not backup my phone to the computer in preparation for my iPhone 12 Pro coming next week. While the Screenlogic won’t work on the Mac any longer, the Screenlogic app will still work on your other iOS devices, as before. Also, you can download a separate Screenlogic Config app, which will do all of the “back end” stuff. The only thing it won’t allow you to do is to update the firmware to the protocol adapter. Disappointing that Pentair has no plans to update their software to 64-bit, but not the end of the world.

I finally had to update my iMac to Catalina today because otherwise, I could not backup my phone to the computer in preparation for my iPhone 12 Pro coming next week. While the Screenlogic won’t work on the Mac any longer, the Screenlogic app will still work on your other iOS devices, as before. Also, you can download a separate Screenlogic Config app, which will do all of the “back end” stuff. The only thing it won’t allow you to do is to update the firmware to the protocol adapter. Disappointing that Pentair has no plans to update their software to 64-bit, but not the end of the world.
As previously stated from someone else. If you download PlayOnMac and then use that program to install the Windows Version on your Mac it works perfectly. Agree it is a shame, but you can get all functionality working again.

Reactions: guinness
Agree with the comment back one year ago (Oct 2020) ... I did this download of 'PlayOnMac' and then used that program to install the Windows Version on my Mac ... It does indeed work perfectly !! (Oct 2021)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 07.36.21.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 07.36.21.png
    405.5 KB · Views: 13
Getting errors with 32- and 64-bit versions on Catalina.

0094:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x6e03
0094:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x6e07
0094:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x6f03
0094:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x6f07
0094:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x6f0b
0094:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x6f0f
0094:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x6f13
0094:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x6f17
0094:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x6f1b
0094:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x8403
0094:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x7103
0094:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x8203
0094:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x7403

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.