Pentair Screenlogic and Mac Catalina

Tracedog

Sep 13, 2020
Las Vegas
I just bought a house with a Pentair system and was reviewing the comments on this forum. I run VMWare (I think its $50) with WIndows 10 on my iMac so I decided to install the Screenlogic software on the VM. Worked like a charm. But I would still like Pentair to create a MacOS version that works.

If you are going to use a Windows VM make sure you have your network settings set appropriately so the connect software can see your Pentair system

Attachments

Last edited:

Leik

Silver Supporter
Mar 19, 2018
Wichita Falls, TX
I finally had to update my iMac to Catalina today because otherwise, I could not backup my phone to the computer in preparation for my iPhone 12 Pro coming next week. While the Screenlogic won’t work on the Mac any longer, the Screenlogic app will still work on your other iOS devices, as before. Also, you can download a separate Screenlogic Config app, which will do all of the “back end” stuff. The only thing it won’t allow you to do is to update the firmware to the protocol adapter. Disappointing that Pentair has no plans to update their software to 64-bit, but not the end of the world.

goldmaes

Dec 5, 2018
Palm City, FL
I finally had to update my iMac to Catalina today because otherwise, I could not backup my phone to the computer in preparation for my iPhone 12 Pro coming next week. While the Screenlogic won’t work on the Mac any longer, the Screenlogic app will still work on your other iOS devices, as before. Also, you can download a separate Screenlogic Config app, which will do all of the “back end” stuff. The only thing it won’t allow you to do is to update the firmware to the protocol adapter. Disappointing that Pentair has no plans to update their software to 64-bit, but not the end of the world.
As previously stated from someone else. If you download PlayOnMac and then use that program to install the Windows Version on your Mac it works perfectly. Agree it is a shame, but you can get all functionality working again.

Reactions: guinness