Pentair Quad DE 60 Diverter Retrofit

mcinlb

Aug 24, 2017
Long Beach, CA
The manifold inside our Quad DE 60 currently looks like this. I've noticed there is now a new diverter kit that seems to direct the water inlet downward and the manifule no longer has the section in the lower part of the picture (check valve etc in blue below)

1685559807526.png

Is there a benefit to installing the new version of the diverter?

Current Inlet

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 11.59.59 AM.png

New style inlet

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 12.00.51 PM.png

The manifold inside our Quad DE 60 currently looks like this. I've noticed there is now a new diverter kit that seems to direct the water inlet downward and the manifule no longer has the section in the lower part of the picture (check valve etc in blue below)

View attachment 498459

Is there a benefit to installing the new version of the diverter?

Current Inlet

View attachment 498456

New style inlet

View attachment 498457
Are you experiencing any problems? If not, why make th echange? Sometimes "messing" with the fittings on an existing filter tank opens more problems than you really want.

Seems like I get a lot of DE collecting at the bottom of the filter and when I go to clean, the DE that settles to the bottom quite sludgy and dark at the top, but has bright white DE about an inch down. Wondering if the water inside the filter isn't circulating as it should

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.