Pentair Pump Installation

AZNage

Sep 13, 2019
Arizona
I have a Hayward MaxFlo 3/4 hp pump that I plan on having a handyman replace with a Pentair SuperFlo 3/4HP 340037 Pool Pump. What additional parts (pvc pipe, gaskets, seals, glues, etc.) will he need for the installation? I have attached some photos of the existing Hayward pump that will be replaced with a Pentair. Thank you for any advice.

Attachments

• IMG_1585.JPG
    IMG_1585.JPG
    478.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1586.JPG
    IMG_1586.JPG
    455.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1587.JPG
    IMG_1587.JPG
    417.9 KB · Views: 14
Not an easy retro fit. I’m assuming that’s 2” piping, if it’s 1.5” just replace my 2” sizing with 1.5

Your going to need a length of 2” rigid pvc.
2 - 2” couplers
1 - 2” elbow

Cut the existing piping to leave you enough pipe to glue to. Cut all pipes and insure they work on a dry run, mark them and then glue.

Not an easy retro fit. I’m assuming that’s 2” piping, if it’s 1.5” just replace my 2” sizing with 1.5

Your going to need a length of 2” rigid pvc.
2 - 2” couplers
1 - 2” elbow

Cut the existing piping to leave you enough pipe to glue to. Cut all pipes and insure they work on a dry run, mark them and then glue.

Thank you for the information. Is this not an easy retro-fit because I'm replacing a Hayward with a Pentair, or would all those extra steps be needed if I had purchased an exact replacement Hayward?

Regarding glue, I'm assuming a purple primer and PVC cement kit would work for this retro-fit?

Turn off the breaker, remove the wiring in the back of the pump, unscrew input and output unions, replace with identical pump, reverse the disassembly instructions. 15 min job, tops! The superflo is a nice pump but a little more involved to replace.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.