Pentair pump basket lid problem

Youngun76503

Bronze Supporter
Apr 26, 2021
Texas
Moved from here.
Hello back. I'm having this exact problem with the cover for my pump. It will fit in just perfectly without the 0-ring. I put the 0 ring in the groove, put lubrication on it AND the top 1/2" of the pot, and I swear, John Cena wouldn't be able to make it fit (if only he'd come over and try - oops, sorry, I get side-tracked sometimes :laughblue:). I've had this problem every time I open up the pool, but I'd finally manage to get it. Not this time, though. I'm wondering if the diameter of the 0-ring is a hair too big? It fits VERY snugly in the little channel. There has to be something I'm not doing right. I just had to get a new "pot" for the pump basket. A chunk of the flange broke off the old one. Maybe this "pot" is a hair too small? I wouldn't think so, it's exactly the same part as came with the pump. Any other ideas or insight would be much appreciated - if nothing else, I have discovered that it wasn't JUST me. All I could ever find about this was from those who couldn't get the cover OFF. I attached a picture of what I'm talking about. It has that weird lid that slides over the flange Well, it's supposed to. And insight, ideas, schemes, would be appreciated. I gotta get this pool going. THANX -

Attachments

• 1619730132969.png
    1619730132969.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 7
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.