el duderino

Jun 15, 2008
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi All, I own the Pentair Prowler 920 (= Dolphin Active 20 = Dolphin S200 = Dolphin Cayman = Dolphin Nautilus (2017 and Later) = Dolphin Proteus DX3 = Doheny's Saturn, etc). It's been a champ for several years, but now having issues.

When it turns on, the blue light on the cleaner flashes 5 times, it moves forward slightly, and then...nothing. It just stops. I took it apart and the motor seems to be seizing when it tries to go backwards, failing the test and shutting off. See below video.

I really need to get this guy back up and running. Any suggestions as to the fix?

There have been many posts about troubleshooting this model or its twins. Search for posts by @thebombardier. He hasn't been online in a while but used to be active. He is a service tech for robots.

Reactions: Sunnymosmile
Hopefully he’ll chime in here!

I’m thinking it’s the motor but having a hard time swallowing the idea of paying almost as much for the repair as the robot cost. It’s only 2 years old!

What is Pentair's warranty on that unit? I know they give only 60 days unless you register in that time, but what is the full warranty? Are you covered? The sister S200 is two years. From your "It's only 2 years old" comment, this sounds like a close one.

The prowler is under warranty. It is covered by Maytronics, and the unit in en route to their place in GA for a check-up. Had to cover shipping, which wasn't cheap, but I guess beats buying a new cleaner. I am disappointed to see such a major failure in less than 18 months!

I’m having issues with my Pentair Prowler 920 as well. It’s also only two years. I had to send it in last because a rubber piece worked it’s way loose last year. As soon as I got it back, it did it again. Now the robot hardly picks up leaves and it struggles climbing the walls. Since you seem to have some grasp on the inner workings, do you have any idea how I can resolve this without sending it back to Maytronics (again)?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Almost 18 months to the day and I’m having the exact same issue. I’m not sure if it will be covered under warranty this time. If not, time to look for a new cleaner and I’ll probably want to steer clear of anything made by Maytronics.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.