Pentair Propane Heater

May 17, 2017
Bayport
We are looking at purchasing a Pentair Mastertemp 125 heater for pool. We have an Intex 18x48 salt water pool. We also just ordered a sand filter. Anyhow I called a local pool store that was listed as a dealer and she said they can order but that there are no fittings that work with that heater and the Intex pool. Anyone familiar? My boyfriend is pretty handy and can probably figure something out but thought I would ask if anyone has any experience with this. Its an expensive purchase so I dont want to order and then we cant use it. Thanks!!!

MasterTemp 125 High Performance Heater - Pool and Spa Heaters - Pentair

Your pool should have 1.5 inch fittings, and should work fine - search the board for tips/tricks - a little extra teflon tape or gaskets will fix most connection leaks. Lots of people have hard plumbed their Intex pools to PVC. Pool store sounds either willfully ignorant or at best inexperienced.

Your pool should have 1.5 inch fittings, and should work fine - search the board for tips/tricks - a little extra teflon tape or gaskets will fix most connection leaks. Lots of people have hard plumbed their Intex pools to PVC. Pool store sounds either willfully ignorant or at best inexperienced.

Thank you! Thats what I thought. My boyfriend said some PVC and we should be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.