Pentair pool light clamp

Hi there...
Any advice or tricks on how to hold the two tabs together close enough for the bolt? that bolt is surely too short... or am I not strong enough? :LOL:
shulk
Have you tried channel locks, vice grips or needle nose pliers to bring them together enough to get that bolt in, so you can begin tightening?
r.

Yes I ended up using channel locks. The problem is that the clamp tabs are too short so if you attach the channel lock then there's no room to squeeze the bolt. What I did is holding them close enough with the channel lock and zip tie the tabs together, then release the lock, thread the bolt and cut the tie. It worked but I can't help to wonder what the pros use when replacing the bulb.

Yes I ended up using channel locks. The problem is that the clamp tabs are too short so if you attach the channel lock then there's no room to squeeze the bolt. What I did is holding them close enough with the channel lock and zip tie the tabs together, then release the lock, thread the bolt and cut the tie. It worked but I can't help to wonder what the pros use when replacing the bulb.
shulk
Okay, I getcha... Well, that was good thinking with the zip tie and I'm glad you got it to work.
Maybe one of the "in the biz" folks will chime in and give us the trade secret and at least we'll know for future ref.
Thanks for sharing your workaround though.
Take care.
r.

Im no pro but I closed the housing by threading the clamp through all but one loop. Then I loosely attached the bolt and lifted the clamp through the final loop buy placing a screw driver underneath and popping it on.

Reactions: MyAZPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.