Pentair Microbrite lights on separate relays- How do I get different colors?

bratliff1

Jul 19, 2019
Texas
Another question for those with Pentair intelli lights, in this case, microbrights. I've got my pool lights on 1 aux circuit, and spa lights on another aux circuit. I did this so that I could have independent control over them, and also thought this would allow me to have different colors on both (ex. blue in the pool, and red in the hot tub). However, I cannot get it to work like this. When I click a color on screenlogic app, all lights flash to the same color. I've got to think there is a way to separate these two different lights so that I not only have on/off control as I do now, but also independent color control. Is that doable?

Jim, I do have these set up as intellibrite lights. They are set up on separate relays showing "Spa lights" and "Pool Lights". I don't have the exact screen you show above, but do see something similar on my Screen Logic app. When I select a color or color program, it dials both Spa and Pool lights to that same color. I haven't found a way, for example, to set spa lights to red, and pool lights to blue.

Another way to do this is just turn on the spa light and set it to a color then turn it off, then turn on the pool light set it to the color you want and then turn it off. Using the light position feature that I mentioned above will allow you to use the color swim program.

You will also want to set the delay for the color swim so that you can have different colors during the same show

Bdavis, I haven't set the light positions yet that I know of. I'll give that a try, thanks! That said, when I select a color program from my app, it turns on both lights, flashes them the number for the light show, and then both are set at the same color. I'll play with this some more. I reached out to Pentair and they assured me that it will only set one color to all lights at the same time, that there was no way to have different colors on different lights. That didn't really seems to make sense to me. Just looking for someone who's done this an confirm that it is indeed possible. I understand the color swim feature, but I am mostly referring to static colors on different lights.

Brat,

Please set up the positions like Brian suggested and let us know what happens..

Are these 120 volt lights, or 12 Volt lights? If 12 volts lights, then I assume each relay has a separate step-down transformer???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.