Pentair mastertemp 400 issue

jp4120

May 11, 2012
Norristown, PA
anyone else experience the heater coming on when it should be off. this past week my heater came on and used up 75 gallons of propane and heated the pool to 88 degrees. I think its a membrane switch or a mother board but wonder if this is a common problem. Also hoping that its covered since its just under 2 years old.

Should be covered if its something like that and you got the 3 year plan. Sorry to ask the dumb question, but I have forgotten to change the temp setting on my remote...but have fortunately caught it in time before something this big happened. That stinks, and I know how it is spending money on propane. Takes me about 50 gallons to move 12-13 degrees.

Depends on it being covered. Was it installed by a licensed company? Pool equipment companies are very picky on replacement under warranty if it was not installed by a licensed company. But definitely call them and ask.

Check all of your wiring also to make sure it's all in good shape.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.