Pentair MagicFalls Arc Rain on Vinyl Pool with Auto Cover?

wgipe

Gold Supporter
Jul 4, 2020
Fletcher, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Good morning, TFP! Our build was pushed back to the spring due to panel availability, so I've been thinking a little about some of the finer details. One thing I currently do not have planned is any sort of water movement. I looked at deck jets, but hadn't considered how noisy those would be, and don't love the thought of more stuff cluttering up the deck. I recently came across this: MagicFalls Water Arc Rain Extended 6in. Lip 2' Gray | Pool Supply World . My question is this: We will have an 18x36 rectangle vinyl liner pool with under-track CS-3000 auto cover from CoverStar. Is it possible to install this under the track? If so, is there any reason I would not want to do that? Seems like a great way to move water without it being a visual distraction, but despite scouring the net for pictures, I havent been able to find one where it is installed below an auto cover in a vinyl pool. @jimmythegreek - this seems like it might be in your area of expertise. Any words of wisdom? Thanks!

Wes

Do you think you need to move water for your pool water chemistry or for entertainment?

The skimmers and returns are all you need for water chemistry.

Do you think you need to move water for your pool water chemistry or for entertainment?

The skimmers and returns are all you need for water chemistry.
More to have an option for the sound / kids to play in (3 boys) than chemistry.

Put in an extra return that you can connect and disconnect some type of waterfall/sprayers constructed out of PVC. See some examples in Aeration - Further Reading
Not a bad idea at all. I do kind of like the idea of having something permanently installed on an actuator that I can just switch on at will. If I can't go the falls route, this seems to be the next best thing. I'd seen those PVC return fountains, but hadn't thought about installing an extra where I'd want the fountain to be. Thanks for the idea.

Wont be able to use that with an auto cover. You need a thick coping to notch on a liner pool. Easiest way is to build a waterfall outside spilling into pool. Kids love them to jump off of and to splash in front of. I cant keep the kids off mine

Wont be able to use that with an auto cover. You need a thick coping to notch on a liner pool. Easiest way is to build a waterfall outside spilling into pool. Kids love them to jump off of and to splash in front of. I cant keep the kids off mine
I was afraid of that. Thanks for the reply! I’ll see if I can get my wife talked into a separate waterfall. I’d actually enjoy building it.

Just make sure you have some footers down to the collar to support it. 4" pvc field with concrete in a few spots works good. Doeant have to be all stone you can frame and sheath it then veneer with stone/tile/stucco etc. I build them like kitchen islands amd cap with limestone or bluestone. Kids love them it's the most apreciated item after the pool build I get thanked for

Just make sure you have some footers down to the collar to support it. 4" pvc field with concrete in a few spots works good. Doeant have to be all stone you can frame and sheath it then veneer with stone/tile/stucco etc. I build them like kitchen islands amd cap with limestone or bluestone. Kids love them it's the most apreciated item after the pool build I get thanked for
Thanks man! I wondered if I could frame it up that way. We also have a bunch of granite boulders around here that they dug out when they built the house, so might could find a way to work those into it also. The PB is awesome in that he has allowed me to do or direct any part of the project I choose - he just wants me to be happy with it. As a result, I really don’t care what it costs me - I trust he will be fair while making a good profit for himself. I sure wish more people could operate this way. Seems like we make it too hard.

He poured the footers and slab for the pool house before it got too cold, so I’ve been working on that. Exterior is dried in, so I’m busy getting the interior finished and equipment pad set up, and will move back outside once it warms up a little.

Attachments

• CDEF69C0-5B43-4D78-8FD2-7780BBAEA43F.jpeg
    CDEF69C0-5B43-4D78-8FD2-7780BBAEA43F.jpeg
    646.7 KB · Views: 8
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.