DFW
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
OK we have a 20 year old pool which we are having remodeled and updated. Last year I upgraded my old Jandy box to the I aqualink 2.0 which works well. This pool had a standard light in the deep end and a fiber light in the shallow end along with fiber light in the spa.

I am looking to change all of these lights over plus we will have 4 bubblers installed as part of the remodel. I have an old 1.5" port which matches the old fiber lights that went to a pool cleaner and the pipe is just cut off at the pool equip. so plan is to make use of it as well for another light.

So based upon all of this here is what I am thinking and would like some feedback since I am new to these lights.

Main light Intellibrite 5G
Three 1.5" nichless lights would be Microbrites
Four bublers I dont think the Microbrites fit in so would have to be the Glo Brites?

So with me having a total of 8 lights the last thing I want is lights that do not match. Feedback and help would be appreciated!

I am an owner of two Glorites. They will last at best 3-4 years. They are expensive.

I plan to use an alternative next time. Florida Sunseeker and others have better quality lights on the market.

Thanks mknauss I had read that along with many others here before I joined.

Then what is your question?

This chart shows the different color blues some of the Pentair LED lights have. If you mix lights the colors will be slightly different.

Pentair_Light_Comparison.png

So for those that have mixed lights since it sounds as if I have no choice unless someone can tell me that the pentair bubbler will accept the microbrites where I would not need the globrites. How bad does it look if the colors are off a bit?

Depends how good your color perception is. Some folks get bothered more then others.

Agreed which is why I was asking for some feedback from those who have a mix of the pentair lights?

Most folks try not to get into that situation. Let's see who comes by to comment.

When doing a remodel on a 20 year old pool your not left with a lot of choices. Understanding a new build would not have this issue.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.