Pentair Legend cleaner basket screen in wall connection

scatesrl

Sep 12, 2019
Texas
I have a Pentiar Legend cleaner and the Basket Screen that is in the Wall Connection Assy keeps plugging up as my
pool gets a lot of sand/rock dust off the flagstone rock when the waterfall runs. Do I Have to keep this screen installed?

Welcome to TFP.

You have a pressure cleaner. Any debris coming out of the wall connection is coming from your filter. Since you don’t have details of your pool in your signature we don’t know what type of filter you have. You should figure out why your filter is letting that stuff through.

If you remove the screen then the debris will flow into the water pipes that power your cleaner, clog it up, and become more difficult to clean.

Let me see if I understand... your rock waterfall drops sand and bits of rock into the pool, which then get picked up by the cleaner. The cleaner sucks directly into the wall outlet but the screen there clogs with this sand and rock debris. Right?

If there is any chance of large debris passing thru your vac into the pipes..... you risk a clog. Otherwise anything I imagine larger that goes thru would get caught in your pump basket back at the equipment pad.

Perhaps the real solution is to somehow seal the rock fountain? Keep it from disintegrating..... THAT might be the real answer here.

Maddie :flower:

Let me see if I understand... your rock waterfall drops sand and bits of rock into the pool, which then get picked up by the cleaner. The cleaner sucks directly into the wall outlet but the screen there clogs with this sand and rock debris. Right?

Maddie, the Pentair Legend is a pressure side cleaner with a bag, not a vacuum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.