Pentair Intellivalve Green and Yellow wires?

TheSadClown

Jan 22, 2020
Surf City, NC
I just got a intellivalve and im still trying to figure out how to automate it via my Easytouch 8 and in doing so Im lost when it comes to the yellow and green wire. Where do they connect to?
I plugged the intellivalve into the Intake Valve connector and it has power but I want to have it set up so I can toggle between the 2 positions I have set on the Intellivalve via my screen logic 2

Any ideas? Ive been searching for the answer and i couldnt pin it down.

Page 19 of the manual:

FAQ: What are these green and yellow communication wires for? These are reserved for future use with future automation systems.

TSC,

The EasyTouch can only drive a valve to one end or the other. I have never used an IntelliValve, but understand you can "electrically" set the end points to wherever you want, but you can not have the valve stop at three different positions. The valve is either on or off, at one stop or the other stop.

The extra green and yellow wires are for RS-485 signal that eventually the IntelliCenter will use to control the valve so that it can stop at multiple positions.

Just to be sure... The Intake and Return valves cannot be programmed.. Their operation is fixed inside the ET. Basically, when in the Pool Mode they are at one stop and when you go to the Spa Mode, both valves turn to the other stop.. This is different then valves A and B where you have to add them to the valve set up page below...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
TSC,

The EasyTouch can only drive a valve to one end or the other. I have never used an IntelliValve, but understand you can "electrically" set the end points to wherever you want, but you can not have the valve stop at three different positions. The valve is either on or off, at one stop or the other stop.

The extra green and yellow wires are for RS-485 signal that eventually the IntelliCenter will use to control the valve so that it can stop at multiple positions.

Just to be sure... The Intake and Return valves cannot be programmed.. Their operation is fixed inside the ET. Basically, when in the Pool Mode they are at one stop and when you go to the Spa Mode, both valves turn to the other stop.. This is different then valves A and B where you have to add them to the valve set up page below...

Thanks,

Jim R.
I see now, So I should just plug it into Valve A and then configure the 2 setpoints on the valve. So would it mean once I turn on Valve A it goes to my postion 2 I set?

TSC,

Now I am confused... :mrgreen:

If the valves you are trying to control are the Intake and Return valves, then you just plug them into the Intake and Return connections on the main board and there is no additional programming that needs to be done.. These two valves do nothing but switch between the pool an spa modes.

If the valves you are trying to control do anything else, like turn on a waterfall or control some suction cleaner, then those types of valves need to be assigned valves to the A or B connections.

No matter what kind of valve it is, you can only have to be on or off.. You can not have it be full open, then half open, and then full off.. You can have it be any two of those positions, but not all three.

Sorry, I am not sure that helped at all... :confused:

Tell me how many valves you have and what you want each valves to do.. and I'll try again.

Thanks,

Jim R.

TSC,

Now I am confused... :mrgreen:

If the valves you are trying to control are the Intake and Return valves, then you just plug them into the Intake and Return connections on the main board and there is no additional programming that needs to be done.. These two valves do nothing but switch between the pool an spa modes.

If the valves you are trying to control do anything else, like turn on a waterfall or control some suction cleaner, then those types of valves need to be assigned valves to the A or B connections.

No matter what kind of valve it is, you can only have to be on or off.. You can not have it be full open, then half open, and then full off.. You can have it be any two of those positions, but not all three.

Sorry, I am not sure that helped at all... :confused:

Tell me how many valves you have and what you want each valves to do.. and I'll try again.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I configured my flow like this and I installed a intellivalve on the 3 way connector. I want to have it always open for flow from pump to filter but I would like to have it so when I turn on the "valve A" it will go to my preset and force the flow out to the backwash. It seems like a simple task and hopefully it is.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    335.2 KB · Views: 7
TSC,

Just to be clear.. I assume you are using this valve to dump water and not trying to actually back wash a cartridge filter...

Then the "off" position would be with the backwash port closed and the "on" position would be when the filter port was closed. This type of valve would have to be connected to either valve connection A or B.. You would make a feature circuit and call it "Backwash" or whatever you want to call it. Then assign that circuit name to A or B.. Using my post above as a reference, you can see I have a circuit called "Waterfall" and it is assigned to valve A. Anytime I click the "waterfall" icon, the valve opens and turns the waterfall on.. (In my case it also makes my pump speed increase, but that is another lesson..)

Thanks,

Jim R.

TSC,

Just to be clear.. I assume you are using this valve to dump water and not trying to actually back wash a cartridge filter...

Then the "off" position would be with the backwash port closed and the "on" position would be when the filter port was closed. This type of valve would have to be connected to either valve connection A or B.. You would make a feature circuit and call it "Backwash" or whatever you want to call it. Then assign that circuit name to A or B.. Using my post above as a reference, you can see I have a circuit called "Waterfall" and it is assigned to valve A. Anytime I click the "waterfall" icon, the valve opens and turns the waterfall on.. (In my case it also makes my pump speed increase, but that is another lesson..)

Thanks,

Jim R.
Nice thats exactly what I needed to hear. And yea Im trying to drain water, keep mixing up terms. Cheers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.