Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
We had all new Pentair equipment installed this past summer and for the most part everything has been good.

I noticed some water on pad of the equipment and saw alot of condensation on everything, which was a little odd.

In addition, the return pentair Intellivalve is blinking. Putting it in SET or SERVICE mode, I cannot move the valve either way. Setting it to AUTO, the auto gren light will stay for 2 sec and then the SERVICE light comes on yellow, the AUTO/Power flashes red and another one of the endpoint light flash, next to the endpoint that is set.

Putting the system in spa mode doesn't move this valve. I skimmed thru the manual online and didn't see anything.

Any suggestions before I alert our installer?

After I posted this, recommended threads come up and I see similar symptoms.

I guess I'll be calling Pentair

Reactions: guinness
Warranty claim called in. In the mean time, this is the last weekend kids are home before going back to school and I think they'd like to use the spa.

Any problems with me taking off the intellivalve and going to the pool store to buy a handle to turn the valve manually? just 4 screws to remove on the Intellivalve, I think? and it just comes right up and off?

Reactions: heckofagator
If you take the actuator off, DO NOT put the 4 screws back in to the valve -- they will damage it. The installer should have left you the 4 screws they took out - but likely did not.

Reactions: heckofagator
If you take the actuator off, DO NOT put the 4 screws back in to the valve -- they will damage it. The installer should have left you the 4 screws they took out - but likely did not.

Martys point is the actuator is held on by long screws and short screws were removed from the standard actuator. Installing the long screws too deeply without the actuator on top will damage the base.

I see what you mean about the 4 long screws that have to go thru the Intellivalve and into the diverter valve vs the shorter ones that just screw on the top to the diverter.

And yes, now that you mention it, we do have another valve handle to use and the handle comes off in like 5 sec with a plastic thumb screw.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.