Pentair Intellitouch program not running as programmed... help!

LiveHereNow

Gold Supporter
May 2, 2019
Garland, TX
I have an Intellitouch4 that I manage with the Screenlogic App on iOS.

I have "Pool" and "High Speed"... Pool is something like 1900rpm and High Speed is around 2800. Because my equipment is 6 feet above the pool and there is a mystery vacuum leak, I have to run POOL mode 24/7 and want HIGH mode to kick in twice during the day for filtration reasons.

Also, I do not want to make a bunch of sequential schedule entries, I just want the 24/7 POOL setting and then just change the HIGH settings as an overlap as needed for use/season/weather.

I've attached a screenshot of my schedules. It will run POOL 24/7... but it is not kicking into HIGH at all... the time comes and goes and nothing happens. It used to work but I had to redo the programming, and thought I did it the same as before... but clearly something is wrong and I can't figure it out.

Notice in the picture... it is 2:16PM and the 2:00-4:00pm HIGH SPEED is not running.

Any ideas how to get it to do what I want? TIA!

Attachments

• IMG_6416.PNG
    IMG_6416.PNG
    513.5 KB · Views: 11
LHN,

The page we need to see is this one...

I can't stand using the phone to program.. The PC works so much better. The phone works fine for controlling stuff, programming, not so much.

Thanks,

Jim R.

So I updated some firmware and installed the desktop software... the "HIGH SPEED" programming didn't show at all. I just put them in via the desktop application (pic attached). I'll see if it picks up the program in the morning. Thanks for the idea of programming from desk (and thank god the install wasn't THAT hard!).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 3.02.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 3.02.10 PM.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 6
It did not work. The programs show on the desktop computer and the phone app but the HIGH SPEED ones do not trigger. I can turn that function on manually from either and it'll run (egg timer)... but the schedule won't kick in. Any thoughts?

I don't know where to get the first type of window you have... but I think I got the same data in the ScreenLogic desktop app here. Let me know. And thanks big time for any help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 9.29.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 9.29.40 AM.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 9.30.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 9.30.01 AM.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 3
LHN,

My first screen is a page from the configuration menu that it used to program the settings into ScreenLogic.

Just to make sure we are on the same page.. Your pool runs 24/7 at 1949 RPM.. Then at 8 am the High Speed circuit should kick in and cause the pump to run at 2800 RPM. This does not happen, but if you select the High Speed Icon, the speed changes. Is this true? How accurate is your clock? I ask only because mine seems to drift off over time.

I was hoping to see some error between your schedules and your pump speeds, but did not.. The only difference I see is that you have your Pool circuit scheduled to run 8 am until 7:59 am.. I have mine set to 8 am until 8 am.. I can't see how that would make a difference, but it can't hurt to change it. I also have the egg-timer for my Pool Circuit set to "Don't Stop".

The only other thing I can think of is... if you turn something that is scheduled, on or off manually, depending on when you do it, you can get the system confused and might have to wait 24 hours for it to get back into sync.

Show me your egg-timer page.

Sorry, but at this time, I see nothing obvious..

Jim R.

You are correct on what I want and what does not happen. The 8:00am-7:59am for 24/7was set by a Pentair serviceman... I'll change to test, but he had some reason to do it and told me and I promptly forgot :cool: He actually set the HIGH SPEED functions like what I want as well... I had to redo the whole thing due to long-term power outtage. And now it just doesn't take the HIGH SPEED triggers in the schedules.

Here's the EGG TIMER view.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 11.03.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 11.03.37 AM.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 8
LHN,

Not sure the IntelliTouch has the same issue, but my EasyTouch can only have 12 total programs/schedules. The problem is that ScreenLogic allows me to enter a million schedules but the EasyTouch will only use 12 of them.. If you try to enter a new schedule via the keypad, it will give you an error. ScreenLogic will not.

Programs and schedules include all the egg-timers that are not set to the default of 12 hours.

Just to make sure, I would keep a record of where your egg-timers are now, and then go back in and set them all to the default of 12 hours and see what happens. You can easily reset them if it does not fix the problem.

Thanks,

Jim R.

LHN,

Not sure the IntelliTouch has the same issue, but my EasyTouch can only have 12 total programs/schedules. The problem is that ScreenLogic allows me to enter a million schedules but the EasyTouch will only use 12 of them.. If you try to enter a new schedule via the keypad, it will give you an error. ScreenLogic will not.

Programs and schedules include all the egg-timers that are not set to the default of 12 hours.

Just to make sure, I would keep a record of where your egg-timers are now, and then go back in and set them all to the default of 12 hours and see what happens. You can easily reset them if it does not fix the problem.

Thanks,

Jim R.
You were right... it only holds 12 programs. The on-unit display will show the conflict but the app will not. Ugh. So I got rid of the egg timers (was nice to have... sucks for the money that it can't hold enough) and waited a day. Voila, the timers now work correctly and the high speed overrides the low speed. App is nice for feature on-off, but programming needs to be done old-school on the unit to be sure it's going to work. I appreciate the help in troubleshooting. Pentair should address this given the cost of these items but... waiting and hoping aren't a solution :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
LHN,

I find programming on my PC as easy as possible... Once you know you can only have 12 programs, there is no reason to program at the panel..

There is almost no reason to use the egg-timers except for circuits that you want to turn on manually and then shut off after a set period of time. I can only thing of a couple of reasons that anyone would want to do that..

Most things have a scheduled on time and a scheduled off time, so they don't need an egg timer.

Since the release of the IntelliCenter, I really doubt there will be any more updates to ScreenLogic or the EasyTouch F/W.. The IntelliCenter has a 100 programs...

Glad you were able to get it working..

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.