Pentair Intellitouch not talking to Pentair IntelliPump VS

istreich

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 19, 2014
I recently had my main controller board fixed and I just reinstalled it. I can control the cleaner and I can hear the "clicks" when I activate the main filter pump. However, the pump is not recognizing the Intellitouch and is in manual mode (working just fine otherwise). I wonder if it could be a wire problem (between the panel and the rs485 port of the pump).
But before I go through the pain and expense of replacing the wire, what shall I check on either the pump itself or in the Pentair SLConfig app on either my phone or computer. I may have to change a setting on the pump directly or may have not configured the software correctly.
Thanks a lot for your help - very frustrating!

I,

When the pump is connected to the automation, the pump's display should say "Display not Active".. You cannot be in the service mode... What does your pump's display say?

What else is connected to your main board's comm port other that the pump? Do you have ScreenLogic, Remotes or anything else connected to the RS485 buss???

Show me a pic of the connections on your boards.. I have an EasyTouch but yours should be similar to this pic.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim. I have attached a pic.
i have a protocol adapter inside connected to my network as well as to my Control4 system. See comm ports.
I use Screenlogic to connect.
I also have 3 lights on aux 2,3 and 4. Aux 1 is the pool cleaner.
and finally a valve actuator.
really scratching my head...
also included pic of pump display.
thanks a lot.

Attachments

• C5F56082-A367-4CB5-BE36-E866BA6DFED6.jpeg
    C5F56082-A367-4CB5-BE36-E866BA6DFED6.jpeg
    471.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 853710E8-C3BE-49F3-96C5-7F37DFBE6582.jpeg
    853710E8-C3BE-49F3-96C5-7F37DFBE6582.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I,

Not sure if you knew this or not when the pic was taken.. The cable with the yellow and green wires connected to a 'floating" black connector, needs to be connected to your comm port for the pump to be controlled.. The pic of the pump shows that it is not being controlled by the automation.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I suspect that you have an additional comm port card in your system somewhere.. In your pic, as I see it, the comm port is in the upper left corner.. Follow those wires and one of them should lead you to the other comm board.

Jim R.

Jim, you are my savior! It worked. Not sure what happened but I suspect guy who came to fix it (unsuccessfully) some time ago did not plug things back properly.
anyway seems to work perfect now. Thanks again.

I,

Glad it works... :goodjob:

There is another small white cable with a red, black, yellow, and green wires that was not connected to anything in your pic.. Did you figure out where it goes??

Thanks,

Jim R.

I know what it is. When I built the pool I ran a bunch of cat6 and low voltage wires to various part of the house to have flexibility on future control. This is one of them. Thanks again Jim for the precious help.
now I need to replace my SWG and I will ne finally back to “normal” ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.