Pentair Intellitouch issues

if the pump is showing "display not active", hit reset on the outdoor board. i'm not sure why, but i've had to do that on power-up before the intellitouch could control the pump
It is still showing display not active. Tried resetting. Wonder if i did the config correctly or there could be still some other latent issue with the board

It is still showing display not active. Tried resetting. Wonder if i did the config correctly or there could be still some other latent issue with the board
I think its still hosed. Im going to buy another screenlogic i think :(. Lost comms again… the glimmer of hope, victory inches from the grasp… time for a beer

I think its still hosed. Im going to buy another screenlogic i think :(. Lost comms again… the glimmer of hope, victory inches from the grasp… time for a beer
A bit more info, it does work for a period of time then loses comms again, i think there is probably an intermittent trace connection somewhere, heats up and maybe going open? Either way i threw 5$ at it and it didnt stick…

it just occurred to me that your problem could be that the burned board is going to be conductive... so sometimes it's tough to scrape/cut/clear away enough to get a good repair.

pm me your address... if I can find the working top board i'll send it to you. gotta keep this $$$$ stuff out of the waste bin!

Reactions: Jimrahbe
it just occurred to me that your problem could be that the burned board is going to be conductive... so sometimes it's tough to scrape/cut/clear away enough to get a good repair.

pm me your address... if I can find the working top board i'll send it to you. gotta keep this $$$$ stuff out of the waste bin!
Ok! Im back and running with a working screenlogic adapter, but still facing same issue with pump, showing display not active but when i turn pool on the filter pump light clicks on, on the panel but no pump. I can only turn on the pump in service mode from the panel on the pump itself. Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this guy further? I can get everything else to work just not the pump, possible the comms board on the pump is gone? Strange it shows display not active when in auto but not hearing signal. I checked the pump # is set to 1. When i turn the pool on from screenlogic the pool light turns geeen but no rpm info

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 4
sbo,

I see that you have two circuits named "Pool" .. This is not allowed on the EasyTouch, and I have no idea why it would be allowed on the IntelliTouch. You have your Spa circuit Named as POOL

It could be that the "Pool" circuit that you have on, is actually the Spa circuit. If that is true, the pump would not run, because you have no Spa speed set up.

I suggest that you change the Spa Circuit, that you have named "Pool" and change it back to Spa.

I want to make sure that ScreenLogic is actually working. If you turn on a light, does the light actually turn on?

Another thing you can try is to reset the pump back to factory default, and make sure the pump's internal address is set to 1.. You have to do that using the pump's display.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: ogdento
sbo,

I see that you have two circuits named "Pool" .. This is not allowed on the EasyTouch, and I have no idea why it would be allowed on the IntelliTouch. You have your Spa circuit Named as POOL

It could be that the "Pool" circuit that you have on, is actually the Spa circuit. If that is true, the pump would not run, because you have no Spa speed set up.

I suggest that you change the Spa Circuit, that you have named "Pool" and change it back to Spa.

I want to make sure that ScreenLogic is actually working. If you turn on a light, does the light actually turn on?

Another thing you can try is to reset the pump back to factory default, and make sure the pump's internal address is set to 1.. You have to do that using the pump's display.

Thanks,

Jim R.
I will change it back to spa, that was me fooling around trying anything. When i turn on air blower, cleaner, waterfall, they all turn on.. (not my lights because they are also shot, and im working up the appetite to buy some of those (wow pool stuff is expensive).

Reactions: Jimrahbe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sbo,

Something to keep in the back of your mind... The IntelliTouch comes with a fixed set of Circuits. It allows you to name the circuits anything you want, but it is just a name. You could name Aux 1 as Jim R. but it would not suddenly turn into me, it would always be Aux 1. If you named Aux 1 Jim R. the icon on ScreenLogic would show Jim R. but when you pushed it, the Aux 1 relay would close. The "Circuit Name" does not change what the circuit does, it is just a way for you to remember what the circuit does.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Sbo,

Something to keep in the back of your mind... The IntelliTouch comes with a fixed set of Circuits. It allows you to name the circuits anything you want, but it is just a name. You could name Aux 1 as Jim R. but it would not suddenly turn into me, it would always be Aux 1. If you named Aux 1 Jim R. the icon on ScreenLogic would show Jim R. but when you pushed it, the Aux 1 relay would close. The "Circuit Name" does not change what the circuit does, it is just a way for you to remember what the circuit does.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thx Jim, also a not on the pump, setting the time does update the pump time, i will keep messing around with it.

hey @sbo that's interesting about the pump time getting updated... i didn't realize it did that

the pump is definitely talking to the outdoor board so your pump comms are good but if you do ever have to replace the chip, it's in the keypad unit (rather than in the solid glob of epoxy with the vfd driver etc.)

glad you're almost back up! [EDIT] and i'm pretty sure Jim's first guess about the two POOL labels is what's messing you up

Last edited:
Its not the issue. But will keep on it
Since i replaced the mainboard with this whole song and dance, is there a chance i have to get the mainboard programmed? or will the screenlogic do that? just curious if i have to get it programmed separately since i dont have an inside controller other than this screenlogic deal.

Its not the issue. But will keep on it
bummer. i'd hoped it would be that easy!!

screenlogic will program the outdoor board... i mean, since the screenlogic adapter can talk to the outdoor board and you're making changes etc. in the screenlogic app, the outdoor board will store any settings and programming changes in its internal eeprom. now, if for some reason your outdoor board died, you didn't have an indoor panel, and you swapped in a blank outdoor board tomorrow... you'd have to reprogram it all since the screenlogic stores nothing.

the screenlogic loads the programming from the outdoor board when it (the screenlogic adapter) powers up, and then every 1/2 hour. so, if if you were to make changes at the outdoor board or at an indoor panel (which you don't have)... you would have to power-cycle the screenlogic or wait up to 1/2 an hour for it to sync with those changes.

Reactions: sbo
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.