Pentair intellitouch i7+3 stopped working

There are two different wireless link versions for sure... if you look at the transceiver board at the outdoor panel, the new version (520946) uses a Laird rf module and the old one (520113) uses a Linx module. The outdoor transceiver has to match the indoor transceiver that your protocol adapter connects to - you can't mix a new outdoor transceiver with an old indoor one and vice versa.

I wasn't aware that the protocol adapter had to match the particular link version you use... Jim?

So thanks everyone for your help... I thought I was back up and running... I have new motherboard, new i7+3 board, new screenlogic wireless transceiver kit, changed to a different pump controller ( I have a spare). I have been having issues programming schedules for pool and spa and cleaner.... I have been trying to use screenlogic config on my iPhone while sitting at the pool, but I was unable to install the cleaner in the pool section. I went back to the desktop in the house, got everything right I thought: I have background circuits for pool and spa installed in intelliflo section: i thought I had pool scheduled to run from 12am- 11:59 pm daily, cleaner scheduled 8a-10a, spa scheduled from 1p-2p. I went back out to equipment and while I was there the pump stopped. I reset a couple times and it may have come back on-switched to the spare pump controller. Everything seemed ok. Went to beach and came back 5 days later. Pump was off, but still under control of intellitouch. When I look at screenlogic, pool is white and so is spa. When I push pool button to green nothing happens. When I push spa button to green valves turn correctly, but pump doesn’t turn on. When I open intelliflo section and hit spa button, pump comes on and so does spa light? Then pump shuts down. What is going on? My lights are hooked to aux1 trans for pool and aux 2 for spa. I tried unplugging aux wires from i7 thinking I had something crossed. No change. What to do?

s.

Please post ScreenLogic screen shots, showing your programming screen (under settings on the main screen) and your pump set up and circuit set up screens in the config app... FROM your PC...

Keep in mind that if you turn a "scheduled" item on or off manually, it will often override the schedule for 12 hours, meaning the schedule will not start until 24 hours later...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim: I am now back off the mountain and will not be able to screenshot the programming until I go back next weekend-which brings up another problem- screenlogic wont connect remotely via satellite- Anybody know how to solve this? I did discover a couple things yesterday.
-I reinstalled screenlogic to my desktop to verify I have the latest build etc. I plugged my aux transformers back into I 7 board- I noticed that Aux 4 is labeled cleaner so I hooked polaris to that and lights to Aux 1 and 2. Then I went back to screenlogic config and into setup circuits-I noticed I had a whole bunch of circuits assigned incorrectly so I cleaned that up- two main circuits -pool and spa- I left these as they were and reassigned the 3 aux functions correctly. I changed anything else to "none". Then I went back out to pool and rebooted everything, pump came on for prime in pool mode and then shut down. From screenlogic on my iphone I switched to spa and valves turned correctly but no pump- I then went to the intelliflo section on my Iphone which is different than the desktop- Below the pump selection it has background circuits- I had one for pool with 2800rpm and one for spa at 3400rpm. I deleted the background circuits and reset and now pump comes on in auto mode. I switched to spa and pump shut down like it is supposed to for valve action and then came on- but it doesn't have a spa speed so it stayed at the same speed as in pool. I went back to pool mode and everything worked cor correctly. I am almost there. Why does iphone screenlogic have background circuit section and desktop not? There must be a way to program pump speed for spa and pool from desktop...

s,

My Android phone has two apps.. One is to run most things (ScreenLogic) and the other is ScreenLogic Config where I can change set up and pump settings..

Do you have both apps?

Jim R.

Yes I do have both apps. I just read the screenlogic manual...I see two issues: background circuits section is only shown when you have VF pump. I have VS. I'm not sure why the background circuits button shows upon my Iphone. Maybe I have VF pump set up in SLconfig app? Also I have my polaris assigned to floor cleaner function- I will reassign to master cleaner which, according to manual, will mandate that system is in pool mode and pump is on... Hope that is so. So now if only I could connect to my pool remotely via satellite internet, I could check these things out now without having to jump on the MotoGuzzi and ride an hour up to the site- that is really fun but interferes with my day job..

s,

It may be just terminology, but what do you mean "Satellite Internet"?

When I want to control my pool using my phone, I use nothing but the standard cell service... :confused:

I press the ScreenLogic icon and a screen come up that says "Connect to remote adapters", I then press add/edit/delete adapter.. this takes me to the remote adapter page where I press the "arrow" next to my adapter (blank in my case) and boom I am in.

What happens for you?

Jim R.

When I run screenlogic I have two options: local or remote. When I am in range in local it automatically finds the screenlogic protocol adapter and I can log in. When I am remote I have to manually enter the address of the protocol adapter and then I assume pentair tries to find my adapter via the internet. In my case my pool is connected to internet via satellite. Up until today whenever I would try to log on remotely it would give me a gateway error after finding system. Today is different: I logged in to screen logic from my iPhone and I connected to somebody’s screenlogic- there is a pool programmed to come on between 7p and 1am and a cleaner with heat...the intelliflo section indicates a pump is running... I called and talked to pentair tech who logged on and said my protocol adapter has old build 733... but I updated to 736 last Sunday. About this time my mason who is working on the pool house and I asked him what the pump status was. He said it was off but that he had put intellitouch in service mode and turned on pump
now I suspect that I am in somebody else’s system...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
sk,

I would assume that means you are entered the wrong address...

When you are away from the site, are you just using the phone service to get on the internet or is your phone using a Wi-Fi connection?

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.