Pentair Intelliflo VS+SVRS Pump Won't Come on Automatically

Jay15

Dec 28, 2014
Rockwall, TX
Hello!
A few days ago, my pump stopped coming on at the regularly scheduled time of 9:30am. My cleaner is set to come on at 10:30 am.

There is a "Blocked System" alarm.

I'm able to manually start it using the panel. I shut the power off, take the lid off the filter basket, put it back on, turn the power on, put it in service mode, hit reset, start/stop, quick clean...and it comes on. Then I put it in auto mode and it runs just fine for the rest of the schedule. But the next morning it won't come on.

Also, I put my hand into the pump and am able to turn the impeller...there's no blockage there.

Any thoughts as to the reason for this?

Maybe I just need to delete the Screenlogic app and reload it? (Also, the app only works in "remote" mode. The "local" mode stopped working a while ago - shows "Searching for System Controller").

Thanks!

Jay,

This is a pump problem, not an EasyTouch or ScreenLogic problem.

The SVRS version of the IntelliFlo pump has serious problems.. I know because I have one.. :(

The SVRS shuts down the pump if it just thinks there is a water flow blockage.. I always say if my next-door neighbor neighbor just passes a little gas, my pump will shut down. :mrgreen:

If I shut off my filter air vent valve too quickly, the pump will shut off. If I let the water get just a little low and my waterfall comes on, it will shut off. If it sees any type of water surge it will shut off.. I sometimes have to restart it several times before it will work again.

Something is making the pump think that the main drain is blocked or some other suction line is blocked. Unfortunately, you can't disable it or adjust it.

When mine shuts off I have to manually turn off the alarm at the pump.

Might want to check your water level and make sure you don't have some valve in the wrong position.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for your replies. I checked the skimmers (empty) and doors (not blocked, moving freely) and valves...all are fine. The water level is a bit high due to recent rain, so I'm getting ready to drain some out. I've had an issue before when it got too low and the pump shut off. High water couldn't cause a problem with the pump, could it?

Other than that, I can't see anything wrong.

It runs fine all day, it just won't come on at the regularly scheduled time in the morning. It's happened for 3 days in a row.

If the system thought it had a blocked suction line, wouldn't it go off after I got it running in Service mode? Or does it stay on because the SVRS feature is disabled in priming mode?

Could the pump be failing? It's 6 years old.

Any other ideas? Should I just call for service?

Thanks!

You have a spa. Does the pump start properly when your pool is in SPA mode?

The problem is in the suction side input to the pump. Your inline chlorinator is on the pressure side of the pump.

Post pics of your equipment pad and pump.

Jay,

Just to make sure we are both on the same page.. The pump will not start on its own when in the Service mode. It will only start in Auto...

When the system stops how are you restarting it?

If you go into the Service mode, are you using the pump's display to start it? If so, once you get it running are you just putting the system back into Auto at the Panel, or are you screwing with the "F" button???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hey all,

I went back and checked all of the valves, which all looked like they were in the correct position, but actually one of them had gotten bumped and was ever-so-slightly moved (like less than 1/8") so I move it back into position and ever since, the pool has come on at its scheduled time.

But to be clear, when I was having the problem, I could only start the pool in SERVICE mode and then switch it to AUTO on the panel. And yes, in Service mode, I used the pump's display to start it.

Thank you all for responding!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.