pentair intelliflo vs +srvs pump

Robinjl

Jun 19, 2021
Stonington. CT
Hi,
I just posted a question about my filter. I am also having some issues with my pentair pump. We have had it since 2016. I am having an issue when the pum stops that it does not catch prime on the first try of restarting. It takes two tries. It also has been stooping on the schedule when it has to switch speeds. Currently I am running my pump 24 hours at 1600 rpm from 6 am to 11:59 and the at 2000 rpm from midnight ot 5:59 am.
I have a 23,000 gallon pool, with pool pilot dig-220 salt chlorine generator and and a pentair ccp420 filter.

Thank you for any advice.

Robin

Can we assume the water drains from the pump basket when the pump stops? Is there air in the pump basket with the pump is operating?

Are you controlling the pump speeds and schedule with an automation system or at the pump itself?

Can we assume the water drains from the pump basket when the pump stops? Is there air in the pump basket with the pump is operating?

Are you controlling the pump speeds and schedule with an automation system or at the pump itself?
Mknauss,
Hi. Thank you for responding. Yes the water does drain from the basket when the pump stops. There are some air bubbles in the pump baket when the pump is running. I control the pump speed at the pump itself. I recently checked the o-ring on the baket cover to make sure it's in good condition and I lubricated it.

Robin

If air is in the pump basket and the pump drains when off, you have a leak somewhere. The bubbles will come from a suction side leak. You checked and lubricated the pump basket lid gasket, great. Did you check and lubricate the orings on the drain plugs? Check those. Also, do you have any valves on the suction side of the pump?

For your scheduling, set the the 1600 rpm to run 24 hours. Then set another schedule for the 2000 rpm from midnight to 6 am.

When two speeds are scheduled during the same run time the pump will run the higher RPM Speed regardless of Speed # in use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.