Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump Error 000F

Apr 27, 2021
Austin, Texas
On Thursday we had our main circuit panel rebuilt and upgraded from 150 to 200 amp to be up to code. 24 hours after they left we realized the pump is no longer working and showing Err 000F. I've read through the other posts with this error code but have a more specific question. Is it possible this upgrade burned something on the pump? The electrician won't come back until Tuesday (Labor Day Weekend) and is saying this isn't his fault and he can't fix it. Is that right? Is this now a pump problem not a voltage problem? The owners manual says that this indicates the voltage has dropped below operating range or a voltage sag. Can the electrician fix this?

I've flipped the breaker, waited five minutes, flipped it back on multiple times. The pump will try to run at a low rpm (1,000 or lower) for a few minutes and the shuts off. Anything higher and it shuts off after 10 seconds. Done a factory reset.

Thanks for any help you pool / electrician experts can provide! (and send good vibes for a clear pool until we figure this out!)

B,

I doubt your pump is bad, could be of course, but I suspect that you are losing L1 or L2 intermittently under load.. Most likely a bad circuit breaker or connection.

Do you have an IntelliFlo or SuperFlo that is in your pool's signature??

Is your pump connected to an automation system, like an EasyTouch, or is it a standalone pump?

Do you have a voltmeter?

The electrician might have done something that is making the pump not work, but I don't see anyway he could have actually damaged the pump itself..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: BrooksBoysPool
B,

I doubt your pump is bad, could be of course, but I suspect that you are losing L1 or L2 intermittently under load.. Most likely a bad circuit breaker or connection.

Do you have an IntelliFlo or SuperFlo that is in your pool's signature??

Is your pump connected to an automation system, like an EasyTouch, or is it a standalone pump?

Do you have a voltmeter?

The electrician might have done something that is making the pump not work, but I don't see anyway he could have actually damaged the pump itself..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Oops, it is a SuperFlo, too much research got me confused.

It is a standalone pump and yes I do have a voltmeter and am happy to try anything! I do hope it's not the breaker since it has just been replaced but then again I guess that's something the electrician could easily fix.

glad to hear you don't think it's the pump itself. How can I test the L1 & L2?

Thank you!!!

B,

I am assuming that your SuperFlo is wired for 240 VAC.. If connected to only 120 VAC, just use that voltage in the example below..

You need to use your meter to test AC voltage.. Test between L1 and L2, right at the point where the wires are connected to the pump. This is 240 volts AC.. There should be three wires. Ground and two hot leads.. The hot leads are called L1 and L2. Does not really matter which is which. Measure between L1 and L2 and not L1 to ground and then L2 to ground.

What I would do is start with the pump off. Measure L1 to L2 and confirm that you have about 240 volts. If you do not have about 240 volts, there is no sense going any further.

Assuming you have 240 volts, then while you are measuring L1 to L2 have someone start the pump.. Keep an eye on the meter and see what happens as the pump starts and runs..

The voltage should stay pretty stable.. If the voltage goes away just as the pump stops, this would indicate a problem with something supplying the power to the pump.

Thanks,

Jim R.

B,

I am assuming that your SuperFlo is wired for 240 VAC.. If connected to only 120 VAC, just use that voltage in the example below..

You need to use your meter to test AC voltage.. Test between L1 and L2, right at the point where the wires are connected to the pump. This is 240 volts AC.. There should be three wires. Ground and two hot leads.. The hot leads are called L1 and L2. Does not really matter which is which. Measure between L1 and L2 and not L1 to ground and then L2 to ground.

What I would do is start with the pump off. Measure L1 to L2 and confirm that you have about 240 volts. If you do not have about 240 volts, there is no sense going any further.

Assuming you have 240 volts, then while you are measuring L1 to L2 have someone start the pump.. Keep an eye on the meter and see what happens as the pump starts and runs..

The voltage should stay pretty stable.. If the voltage goes away just as the pump stops, this would indicate a problem with something supplying the power to the pump.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks for all your help! We were able to run the pump at very low rpm without it tripping off, which got us through the weekend. The electrician came back on Tuesday and fixes their wiring mistake. And got an earful from me :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.