In The Industry
Jan 5, 2024
Las Vegas
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have this issue with a property that has high voltage after solar was installed and I keep changing pumps there.

Installed a variable speed & that is now giving error codes for over current I am getting 248-249Volts at pump, at main service at the house, and the same at the sub panel for pool equipment.

Never had these issues till after solar was installed. Is there any way to lower that voltage a little? Like some kind of regulator or trans.?

Welcome to TFP.

You talking about solar photovoltaic panels?

You need to talk to the company/person who installed the PV system to adjust the voltage output.

Sounds like one (or more) of the inverters is not working right. Only a qualified solar PV installer/electrician will know how to fix or replace it.

Is it an over current or over voltage error? Typically with high voltage the amp draw decreases. when and where are you checking the voltage? is it at the pump with it running?

248 - 249 isn't really to high. what does the pump state for the voltage? generally a ±10% is acceptable. Fs the label states 230V, 217V to 253V is generally okay. The manual may have better information.

If you inverter can't be adjusted, there are buck/boost transformers to drop or raise the voltage to deal with low or high voltages.