Pentair Intelliflo VS 2013 version issues

guzmanense

May 6, 2019
Rialto, CA
I turned off my pump the other day to clean my filters, and when trying to turn it back on, it would not react to most buttons I pushed giving me a KEY ERROR, key not in use. Sometimes it would prompt for the password but when hitting the Enter middle key I would again get the key error. Pentair tried to help me troubleshooting to no avail and because of the age of the pump (only 5 yrs!!) they said it was recommended I get a new one because the problem seemed to be the DRIVER (which I believe is the computer part of the pump). The driver is not sold by Pentair anymore and online I can find it for $500-$650 range. The good news is that for now it runs on the schedule. Has anybody have seen that issue and able to resolve it?? in the worst of the cases, can the pump be run manually?? Thanks in advance

Hi and welcome to TFP! There seems to have been a surge in pump keypad issues lately...

What's the model number of your pump? (or the number on the drive unit) Is there any visible moisture inside the display?

If the keypad isn't working, I'm not sure how you'd be able to run it manually. One last thing, it sounds like you don't have any automation system but please confirm that.

Tom

p.s. go ahead and add a signature to your profile so folks know what size pool and what kind of equipment you've got

ogdento thanks for replying...I'm a newbee at this, but I have put some info about my pool and equipment...the model is 353251, I see no moisture on the display and it has no automation system

on the manually part, I was hoping that I would be able to bypass the drive but from my readings, I haven't seen anybody tried or suggested that

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.