Pentair Intelliconnect will not connect to server

Kspencer

Nov 21, 2020
Corpus Christi
We just had our pool installed and the builder used Pentair products. However, we cannot the unit to connect to the internet. It says it is connected to the WiFi but it will not connect to the server. Er have use Grande for internet. Anyone expieriance this before? Know how to make it work?

Welcome to TFP.

Do you have a mesh router like Eero or Orbi or Google Nest?

Sometimes the Pentair server is down. How long have you been trying for?

Welcome to TFP.

Do you have a mesh router like Eero or Orbi or Google Nest?

Sometimes the Pentair server is down. How long have you been trying for?
For about 4 weeks. The builder even had the unit replaced thinking there was something wrong with it. The installer was able to make it work on his hotspot. It said it connects to the internet but not the server. We have a modem / WiFi combo from Grande. It is an Arris DG3450

For about 4 weeks. The builder even had the unit replaced thinking there was something wrong with it. The installer was able to make it work on his hotspot. It said it connects to the internet but not the server. We have a modem / WiFi combo from Grande. It is an Arris DG3450

Did you contact Pentair Support? I don’t know Grande but they may have some ports closed that the IntelliConnect needs To communicate with its server.

Did you contact Pentair Support? I don’t know Grande but they may have some ports closed that the IntelliConnect needs To communicate with its server.
We did contact Pentair. Twice. One of the techs told us that it needs to be on 5g and that is the problem and one said 2.4. So we really didn’t get anywhere with that. Thank you so much for your help, sincerely!

@Kspencer
Did you set-up your Pentair account? How to do that should be addressed in your documentation. I would re-look that.

Yes, call again. If you get the feeling that you know more than the level I tech you are speaking with, then ask to speak with a level II tech. Don't let them give you excuses but please be polite. Help desk techs/CSR's have a propensity for making the callers life difficult when they perceive rudeness.

Demand (politely), to speak with a supervisor if you are still getting nowhere. Don't give up. Pentair has some great Tech Support Reps but they have some "not so great" ones as well. You just got to get the right one on the phone and he will then go to the "ends of the earth", to assist you. Keep trying and don't quit.

Let us know the results of your next call please.
Thanks...
r.

EDIT: Also, realize that those level I techs have troubleshooting scripts that they are required to run through. Be patient with them and just let them drag you through the steps even though you know that you have already been down that path. The level II techs have much more latitude to "work" with you.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.