Pentair Intellichlor Transformer

Jul 6, 2016
Denton, Texas
Does anyone know if a replacement transformer is available through Digikey or other suppliers vs. Pentair as the OEM?

My salt cell lights are all off, the pcba surge board has a steady green light and is outputting 29-30vdc to the cell. Thinking this may be too low a voltage.

My transformer is putting out only 30vac and I understand it should be closer to 36 vac.

Does anyone know if a replacement transformer is available through Digikey or other suppliers vs. Pentair as the OEM?

My salt cell lights are all off, the pcba surge board has a steady green light and is outputting 29-30vdc to the cell. Thinking this may be too low a voltage.

My transformer is putting out only 30vac and I understand it should be closer to 36 vac.
Cell will be 3 yrs old next month. I had noticed the lights were out once before, and I disconnected (i.e. pulled) the AC power wire off the board, plugged it back in and the cell came back to life for a week or so. Then out again and stayed that way.

Voltages were taken at the board both ac and dc. I agree that the transformer was unlikely, but I was thinking the voltage was a little on the low side. That being said, I did not check my mains voltage values to see if they were low.

Have contacted Pentair customer service, but nothing back from them yet. The surge board I have is a pcba 521593, and I do not see it for sale anywhere. Plenty of the 521218 boards, and if you zoom in close, the Amazon photo has the 521593 p/n on it. Wondering if the 521218 board is a replacement?

Cell will be 3 yrs old next month.

3 years in Texas running at 50% for 10 months out of the year is about the 10,000 hour generating life of a cell.

I think your cell is just depleted and needs to be replaced.

The IntelliChlor SCG has a built-in cell “usage hours” meter that displays how many hours IntelliChlor has been generating. The IntelliChlor SCG is designed to generate chlorine for approximately 10,000 hours before replacement is needed.

To access the system status mode:

1. Press and hold the MORE button for three (3) seconds until the lights scroll across the unit.
  2. One (1) of the five (5) Sanitizer Output LED indicators (20%, 40%, 60%, 80% and 100%) will be lit,indicating the hours of usage.
The Output LEDs are as follows:

• 2000 hours (20% LED on)
  • 4000 hours (40% LED on)
  • 6000 hours (60% LED on)
  • 8000 hours (80% LED on)
  • 10,000 hours (100% LED on)

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.