Pentair Intellichlor Power Center

LJAZ

Jun 14, 2020
Tucson
My Intellichlor power center keeps blowing fuses. Researching the threads suggests that a bad salt cell can cause this problem. Since my cell was old (IC-40), I bought a new one, but with the new one the fuse still keeps blowing, so it would seem that the power center is the problem. Are these repairable? And if so is there a vendor who does repairs on these? Otherwise it seems I need to buy to a new one.

L,

The main board inside the Power Center is most likely the problem, but it just depends on you as to the best approach.

A new Power Center is about $570, but there is little effort needed to replace it.

A new PCB for the Power Center is about $280, and the effort to replace it, plus the fact that it could possible be the transformer that is bad.

A search of this site should net you some posts of members that have repair their own bad PCB by replacing the rectifier chips.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for the reply. I can easily replace the entire power center myself, but don't really have the tools to get into diagnosing and repairing the electronics. I may call around to see if there's a local electronics repair shop that might be able to do it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.