Pentair IntelliChlor IC60 & Power Center

pmahosky

Jun 2, 2021
Austin TX
I have a new build going on and have decided to add a SWCG. The issue is that I can't find one anywhere. I'm looking for a Pentair IC60 and associated power center as I want to go big. Does anyone know of a place that has them in stock and can be purchased at a reasonable price? Also - I have an Pentair Easytouch PL4/PSL4 panel and assume I still need to power center box that's made for the IC series SWCGs. Thanks in advance for your help.

I think @Newdude has searched the world for an IntelliChlor Power Center without luck. They are scarce right now.

BTW, the "Lite" version of the EasyTouch is the worst possible choice that you can make for a pool controller.. The "L" means lite as in the type of salad dressing that everyone hates..
  • It has no load center
  • It only has a max of 4 programs or schedules
  • It only have 2 Feature Circuits..
Pentair sells both the EasyTouch and IntelliCenter bundled with an IC40 (and some vendors will substitute and IC60) cell and the power center built into the panel. If you can return or sell your P{L4 panel it may work out better for you.

I think @Newdude has searched the world for an IntelliChlor Power Center without luck. They are scarce right now.
It took some doing but intheswim had them. Inyopools was expecting a shipment recently back when I was searching so they may have got them in also.

It’s all so fluid with who has what and when. Just be patient and cast a wide net.

BTW, the "Lite" version of the EasyTouch is the worst possible choice that you can make for a pool controller.. The "L" means lite as in the type of salad dressing that everyone hates..
  • It has no load center
  • It only has a max of 4 programs or schedules
  • It only have 2 Feature Circuits..
Pentair sells both the EasyTouch and IntelliCenter bundled with an IC40 (and some vendors will substitute and IC60) cell and the power center built into the panel. If you can return or sell your P{L4 panel it may work out better for you.
If I were to upgrade the panel, what Pentair panel should I get? I have an Intelliflo 3HP VSF Filter pump, 2HP Wisperflo feature pump, 400K BTU Heater, 3 LED lights and a UV System. As I said, I want to add a SWG but don't know that I will have any additional equipment after that.

If I were to upgrade the panel, what Pentair panel should I get? I have an Intelliflo 3HP VSF Filter pump, 2HP Wisperflo feature pump, 400K BTU Heater, 3 LED lights and a UV System. As I said, I want to add a SWG but don't know that I will have any additional equipment after that.

I would get an IntelliCenter. I don't see why you would put a 20 year old automation system on a new pool.

Why do you think you need a UV system? The sun gives you more free UV then you need in Texas.

Because they get them for free from the manufacturer. They want you to buy the replacement bulbs, where the real money is for them.
I have a bypass installed and can decided to use it / not use it so I'm fine with having it installed. I focused on making sure I have good equipment that counts and will reduce maintenance. For example, I have a 13,000 gallon pool and a Pentair Quad DE 100 filter that they had to drive 2 hours to get.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would get an IntelliCenter. I don't see why you would put a 20 year old automation system on a new pool.
When Pentair's web servers goes off line for days, you can still control your pool thru the app and locally with EasyTouch/ScreenLogic, with IntelliCenter you have to go to the panel to make any changes. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.