pentair intellichlor and easytouch expected behavior

shingles

Bronze Supporter
Jun 12, 2017
Houston, TX
In the settings for my EasyTouch, I have the "Chlorinator present" set to no/off. Because I've done that, I don't have that menu option in app to adjust % etc. But when I go out and take a look at the IC60 itself, it appears the unit is operating: the % lights are flashing where I last set it, the flow light is green, and the salt light is on with a red light (which I am attribute to cold water since testing shows 3000 ppm).

So my question probably comes down to:
1) If Chlorinator is turned off, what is the actual behavior I should expect on the IC60?
2) How do I know if the IC60 is actually turned off and not working?

Thanks.
-S

s,

I don't believe the "Chlorinator present on/off" action does anything but shut off the communications between the ET and the cell. The cell still gets power and will run just as if it were installed in a system without an ET.

I can see no advantage in turning it off.. I run mine as "present" and simply turn the % of output down to zero. If I wanted to turn off all the electronics inside the cell I would remove the power cable, either at the bottom of the ET or inside the ET.

In my case, I would just flip a breaker in the ET's load center as I wired the SCWG's transformer with its own breaker..

This time a year my cell is off due to cold water and only shows one "Red" cold water light.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.