Pentair IntelliCenter

Ok, I see now how I can upload. Unfortunately the PDF I have is a 24 slide PPT, 1.8MB - far more than the site will allow.

Let's try this instead (dropbox).

New product introduction

Home Automation

Part Numbers

Nothing in these decks say internal use only, proprietary, etc. so assuming I'm OK to post. If not let me know and I will remove.

TonyWI. Thanks for sharing. There is some good info in there.
Also, I learned last week that the IntelliTouch and EasyTouch Retrofit kits will not be available until around March 2018. Not sure how accurate that info is however.

We just placed our order for the IC i5P (w/salt). Glad I drug my feet on the EasyTouch vs. IntelliTouch decision -- integration here was a main goal and neither really hit the mark. Sounds like a 5-10 day lead time. Our local Pentair rep will be coming out for a site visit; sounds like one of the first installs in SE Wisconsin.

MyAZPool - How long have you had your IC-60, and do you find that with less hours, you get a longer life? We are dumping our AquaRite; it was time for a new cell and the panel needed a motherboard upgrade. Good money after bad, right there.

We just placed our order for the IC i5P (w/salt). Glad I drug my feet on the EasyTouch vs. IntelliTouch decision -- integration here was a main goal and neither really hit the mark. Sounds like a 5-10 day lead time. Our local Pentair rep will be coming out for a site visit; sounds like one of the first installs in SE Wisconsin.

MyAZPool - How long have you had your IC-60, and do you find that with less hours, you get a longer life? We are dumping our AquaRite; it was time for a new cell and the panel needed a motherboard upgrade. Good money after bad, right there.

TonyWI - I have only had the IC-60 up and running for 3 days now. I just finished completely re-plumbing my entire equipment pad (I will share some photos when I get caught up). I just plumbed in the new IC-60 (so far so good) and a new Pentair IntelliFlo VSF (what a nice pump). The IC-60 is replacing an 11 year old Zodiac LM3-40 that I kept limping along for the last few years. It gave me it's all but the IC-60 seems like a dream compared to that old Zodiac SWG.

Yes, I am figuring that going a little overkill on the IC-60 vs the IC-40 will allow the unit to run less hours/less % = longer life.

That's so cool that you have placed your order. Please share any info on the IntelliCenter install and operation. I installed an IntelliiTouch load center ONLY, several months back, and so I am waiting on the IntelliCenter RetroFit Kit to become available. I am really excited to get the IntelliCenter up and running and integrate my two pumps, SWG, lights, valves etc. I really like the fact that I can just plug a Cat-5 cable from my router into the port on the board and I will have connectivity without all of the klunky interface boxes etc.

Thanks again for sharing that added documentation and can't wait to learn your experiences with the new IntelliCenter....
r.

Running an ET with ScreenLogic, IC60 and ScreenConnect mobile app. Everything just works. Can’t imagine a need to fix something that isn’t broken. Not sure I’d even consider the IntelliCenter an upgrade...well, unless you’re not currently running automation.

T can't wait to learn your experiences with the new IntelliCenter....

It won't be anything exciting for sure. HAHA. Our setup (today) is pretty simple. If you want to get into overkill... One pump/heater/light/single body. BUT, I knew if I was going to spend on automation I wanted to do it once and be done. A lot of travel throughout the year, too - so keeping an eye on things remote will be great. We do plan a reno at some point in the future; another light, skimmer, laminar jets, shelf bubblers. Then I will have something interesting to share. ;-)

I only wish WI weather allowed for a good ROI on an inground/attached spa. Having to shut things down for the winter really puts a damper on that. Someone needs to sell an aboveground spa system or retrofit kit that fully integrates with the ET/IT/IC. I'd bite.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Will the Intellicenter allow for more schedules over the standard EasyTouch8? I think I'm limited to 12, less actually with the egg timers im currently running.

From the quick ref guide:

Schedules
To access the Schedule screen, from Home screen tap Schedule, select Weekly, or One Time Only. You can create up to 20 schedules per
device. From the Schedule screen you can add, delete, edit, enable and disable schedules. Tap the Add button (+) to add a schedule. To delete
a program tap the Trash Can icon to delete the program from the list. Use the Up/Down arrow to scroll through the program list.

Not sure how that shakes out though, since one of the screenshots says: Schedules - 94 free

Last edited:
Couldn't find an easy answer to that. No IntellipH support...

Dirk.
As far as compatibility with ET PSL4, I'm guessing that will be a question for Pentair Tech Support. I've had nothing but positive dealings with them when it comes to getting questions answered (so far)...
I too looked at all of the IC docs and could not find any mention of compatibility with IntelliPH. :mad:.... That said, it may be they are trying to steer folks towards the IntelliChem (which sucks). That should be our choice not theirs. However, seems like another specific question for Tech Support...

Also, there may be a future "work-around" to connecting IntelliPH...

Dirk.
As far as compatibility with ET PSL4, I'm guessing that will be a question for Pentair Tech Support. I've had nothing but positive dealings with them when it comes to getting questions answered (so far)...
I too looked at all of the IC docs and could not find any mention of compatibility with IntelliPH. :mad:.... That said, it may be they are trying to steer folks towards the IntelliChem (which sucks). That should be our choice not theirs. However, seems like another specific question for Tech Support...

Also, there may be a future "work-around" to connecting IntelliPH...

I've always had good experiences with Pentair support, too. New pool equipment is not in the budget anytime soon. But a guy can dream. I have the second worst ET there is, and someday I'll do something about it.

When I first discovered my IntellipH was not controlled by my ET, I had the exact same thought. They could have made it so, pretty easily, but they chose not to. It was some sort of bean counter idea, probably. They likely don't sell all that many IntellipHs, maybe not enough to divert engineer resources to making it nicer to use, and surely they'd rather sell IntelliChems, as you suggest. I think it's a short-sighted strategy, but hey, they make the stuff, they can sell it the way they want to... we buy it anyway, don't we?

Where can you order the IntelliCenter?

What counts as an AUX circuit? I have a few things that need to be controlled, but I'm not sure if they take up a circuit or not.

* pool light
* Intelliflo VS pump
* AquaCal SQ150 heat pump
* Jandy Lite2 propane heater
* water fall feature (to add later)

And...

* valve control to switch between spa/pool (two Jandy valves must be turned)...I current have an Intermatic unit that will turn the valves whenever power is received, which I could reuse I think with the IntelliCenter, or upgrade to IntelliValves?

I also have an autofill for the pool, but it is hardwired and doesn't need to be separately controlled.

Would the IntelliCenter i5PS be sufficient?

I'm told by Pentair that you should be able to order the i5PS through any Authorized Pentair Dealer.
If you want to see if you can get a better price, you might try Pool Cleaning Parts out of Las Vegas. You won't see the IC posted online, but just give them a call. I have found them very knowledgeable already on the IC as well as other Pentair equipment. Great prices too!

As far as your other question, maybe this will help you out a bit. You should be fine with i5PS.

With the i5PS, you can control the following I believe. Keep in mind that the relays just control an on/off to 220vAC or 110vAC power items (they essential turn the power On or Off to those items).

Relay 1: Filter Pump (your IntelliFlo)

Relay 2: Pool Light
Relay 3: Your future water feature (if separate pump)

Your propane heater will be controlled through the 24v connection to J2 on the circuit board. (This is an on/off feature based on the reading from your water temp sensor.) (See pp 29 on the installation manual).

As far as your heat pump. That should connect and be controlled via one of the com ports (485A or 485B) on the circuit board. Since it’s not a Pentair UltraTemp or Pentair Hybrid, you will need to do the research with Pentair Tech Support to get the pin-out configuration correct (See pp 29 in the installation manual).

Aux Valve A: Valve

Aux Valve B: Valve
Any more valves and you will need the Optional Valve Expansion Board (P/N 522038).

r.

Where can you order the IntelliCenter?

What counts as an AUX circuit? I have a few things that need to be controlled, but I'm not sure if they take up a circuit or not.

* pool light
* Intelliflo VS pump
* AquaCal SQ150 heat pump
* Jandy Lite2 propane heater
* water fall feature (to add later)

And...

* valve control to switch between spa/pool (two Jandy valves must be turned)...I current have an Intermatic unit that will turn the valves whenever power is received, which I could reuse I think with the IntelliCenter, or upgrade to IntelliValves?

I also have an autofill for the pool, but it is hardwired and doesn't need to be separately controlled.

Would the IntelliCenter i5PS be sufficient?

Has anyone seen any IC upgrade kits available for purchase yet? I've heard of complete units for new installs, but I haven't heard of anyone getting their hands on an upgrade kit yet...

Has anyone seen any IC upgrade kits available for purchase yet? I've heard of complete units for new installs, but I haven't heard of anyone getting their hands on an upgrade kit yet...

No, no, don't report that back!! I don't want to know. I can't afford one yet, so I don't want to be tempted!!!

Hands over ears, chanting "La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la..."

According to a reliable Pentair vendor that I spoke with, the IntelliCenter upgrade/retrofit kits for the EasyTouch and IntelliTouch Load Centers and Power Centers will be available in March 2019. He got his information directly from the "horse's mouth":joker: apparently.

Sorry Dirk :smile:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.