Apr 30, 2022
Florida
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
We have had our pool up and running for a month now. All Pentair Equipment. Our PB set up our Pool to have one schedule at one speed for 12 hours (6A-6P). We have the Intelliflo VS pump and I wanted to use the pump more efficiently. The PB said he doesn't get into he weeds of the features, so I decided to. I set up 2 additional schedules following the Pentair User Manual guidance. Pool Low, Pool High and the original schedule that the PB set up.

At 6am, the system fired up for the first schedule, the App showed that the POOL LOW schedule was on and running. Yet when I went out to the pool, somehow the pump was not running. I turned on the Pool icon in the Intellicenter, the pump began running, my app showed both POOL and POOL LOW were running, but not at the speed for the POOL LOW setting I had set?. It was at the speed set by the PB for the Pool icon, yet the App shows both "schedules" are on.

What am I missing???

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance!!

Intellicenter scheduling will default to the fastest scheduled speed. If pool and pool low are both scheduled it will be running "pool" speed.
I run my vs pump around 1100rpm 24 hrs a day. Since I have solar heating, it ramps up the speed whenever the proper temp differential is there and has solar active so I dont have a separate higher skimming speed scheduled. In addition, thanks to tfp, while i only have one skimmer (could not get the pb to put a second one) it is installed in the direction of prevailing wind so 90% of the time it works well even with the pump at low speed.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
. I set up 2 additional schedules following the Pentair User Manual guidance. Pool Low, Pool High and the original schedule that the PB set up.
Also, did you set up the "pool low" and "pool high" as a feature circuit then assign them each a speed in the pump menu?

Reactions: Jimrahbe
POOL must be set to the lowest speed you ever want to run your pool ar.

POOL must be running for the pump to be on. Then a Feature Circuit can raise the pump speed higher when scheduled.

Make sure you adjust or disable the egg timer too for Pool - that one got me originally. Especially if you are running 24/7 for your salt cell

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.