Pentair Intellicenter proramming question - pumps speeds

donl1150

Feb 17, 2020
estero fl
I have a Pentair Intellicenter system controlling my new pool/spa combo. The spa has 3 spillways into the pool. When the system comes on every morning only one of the spillways flows water. Although all three seem to be at the same level, there must be slight elevation differences and surface tension keeps the other two from flowing. When I raise the rpm of the pump from 2400 to 2800 the two spillways begin to flow. I then lower the rpm to 2400 for the balance of the day and all 3 continue to flow fine.

My question is this: Is there a way to program the Intellicenter to come on at 2800 rpm for 5 minutes to make sure the spillways flow and then reduce to 2400 rpm? I can’t seem to find a method to program the pump for different speeds.

Welcome to the forum!
There certainly is ways to program your pump speeds. The Intellicenter comes with Wifi access. So you can access it from your computer.
@MyAZPool is one of our members with Intellicenter experience. Let's have him provide some guidance.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Don,

You just need to set up a feature circuit for for the speed you want and schedule it, like any other circuit..

Here is a screen shot from an EasyTouch, but the IntelliCenter uses the same basic format with just much better graphics..

You should set your pool circuit to the lowest speed you ever want and then use other circuits to run the pump as faster speeds.

Running your spillover all the time will drastically increase your pH.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I have a Pentair Intellicenter system controlling my new pool/spa combo. The spa has 3 spillways into the pool. When the system comes on every morning only one of the spillways flows water. Although all three seem to be at the same level, there must be slight elevation differences and surface tension keeps the other two from flowing. When I raise the rpm of the pump from 2400 to 2800 the two spillways begin to flow. I then lower the rpm to 2400 for the balance of the day and all 3 continue to flow fine.

My question is this: Is there a way to program the Intellicenter to come on at 2800 rpm for 5 minutes to make sure the spillways flow and then reduce to 2400 rpm? I can’t seem to find a method to program the pump for different speeds.
donl1150
Easy.
1. Open the Web-Client and navigate to SETTINGS > SYSTEM CONFIGURATION > CIRCUITS > FEATURE CIRCUITS > ADD FEATURE CIRCUIT.
2. Create a feature circuit named say "Speed 2800" and SAVE and then another named say "Speed 2400" and SAVE (naming circuits are up to you but it reduces confusion if you keep your naming conventions standardized throughout).
2020-02-17_9-04-11.jpg

3. Then navigate to SETTINGS (pulldown menu in upper RH corner) > SYSTEM CONFIGURATION > PUMPS.

4. ADD CIRCUIT. Select the "SPEED 2400" from the Circuit pulldown menu and adjust the speed to 2400 rpm.
2020-02-17_9-13-53.jpg

5. Perform step 4 above for the 2800 speed, and click SAVE.
2020-02-17_9-17-00.jpg

6. Navigate to SETTINGS > SCHEDULES > ADD PROGRAM. In the "Circuit" pulldown, Select your "Speed 2400" Feature Circuit, set your time time and day parameters and click SAVE.
2020-02-17_9-33-13.jpg

7. Perform the same for the "Speed 2800" Feature Circuit.
2020-02-17_9-36-33.jpg

You're good to go.
The basic concept here is that you must first create a Feature Circuit for your various pump speeds so those Feature Circuits (pump speeds in this case) can be "scheduled". And you have to "tie" that Feature Circuit to what you actually want the pump to do in the PUMPS page.

Let me know how that works out for you. Yes, please take Jimrahbe's advice regarding spillover activity. The more spillway action you have, the more it will mess with your pH (increase), so try to keep it to a minimum.
Take care.
r.

I was having a similar issue where the spillway is flowing during normal pool operation, but without ramping up the speed, the spillway skimming is very limited. So I set up two points during the day to activate the spillway only at a higher speed for 15 minutes to skim off the spa. Will see how it works since I just set it up this morning. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.