Pentair IntelliCenter Pool Control Dashboard Instructional Guide

With the help off @jerryt I have things operational. The pump is communicating with the controller and I have the dash panel setup (somewhat). I am having a bit of an issue understanding how to control the speed of the pump. Here's where I'm at currently:
1611277568978.png

I only have a standalone pump (for now) with the plans of adding other sensors and relays soon. I would like to be able to control the pump from Node-red, so if anyone has any examples using the v6+ code, I would appreciate it. The flows I have from 5.x obviously will no longer work. Is MQTT the preferred/easiest method to accomplish this?

To me, it looks like the speed is set right after the word "pool" in your screenshot.
see mine
Pump.JPG

So it is not using the pre-set speeds entered into the pump? Is that how it worked before on the earlier version njspc?

I am using mcsMQTT Homeseer home automation plugin (pre-release), this uses a combination of MQTT and PUT commands to duplicate all the functions of the poolController-dashPanel.

Last edited:
To me, it looks like the speed is set right after the word "pool" in your screenshot.
see mine
View attachment 173443

So it is not using the pre-set speeds entered into the pump? Is that how it worked before on the earlier version njspc?

I am using mcsMQTT Homeseer home automation plugin (pre-release), this uses a combination of MQTT and PUT commands to duplicate all the functions of the poolController-dashPanel.
Here are the options I have...none of them directly change the RPM's:
1611287317311.png

I use Home Assistant, so there doesn't appear to be a direct integration at this point.

Here are the options I have...none of them directly change the RPM's:
View attachment 173447
Pump speeds (rpm's) are changed utilizing the Value Spinner Control Box, directly to the right of the applicable pump circuit.
The pump speed values are adjusted by either clicking the + or - buttons in succession, or click/hold the + or - buttons, thereby causing the value to increase or decrease.
The speed of the value change will increase as the + or - button is held down.
2021-01-22_07-13-03.jpg
r.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pump speeds (rpm's) are changed utilizing the Value Spinner Control Box, directly to the right of the applicable pump circuit.
The pump speed values are adjusted by either clicking the + or - buttons in succession, or click/hold the + or - buttons, thereby causing the value to increase or decrease.
The speed of the value change will increase as the + or - button is held down.

r.
I understand how that works. However, as shown in my screenshot above, I only have the available list to pick from and when I try to add more in circuits, I get the following error:
1611328700626.png

So I'm clearly missing something simple on how to add the additional speeds.

Circuit groups aren’t fully supported/tested with virtual controllers yet.
One of the developers advises that you create a "New Issue" in the GitHub Repository (in the link below), if you decide in the future to utilize the nodejs-poolController-dashPanel.
r.

Last edited:
I have MQTT up and running and can see all the topics in mqttexplorer. What is the best way to control the speed of my standalone VSF pump via mqtt? I can't seem to create features or circuits, so is there a way to directly control the RPM?
1611337806241.png

@el duderino For time try this....
Use VNC viewer to access the RPI desktop

What is the time is displayed?

Edit RPI settings; RPI orbi (Top left corner)>Preferences>Raspberry PI Configuration> Localisation
It is displaying the correct time. The dash panel is still showing the same time as in my screen shot from last night :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.