Pentair IntelliCenter - Egg Timers not Working - Am I doing this right?

That’s promising the beta works. Ironically I have a 30M Clean feature group for the same purpose. It doesn’t shut down after 30M though haha.

Don't know if this helps, but we have v1.045 beta, due to other critical issues we were having.

We are new to IntelliCenter, so still learning. Hadn't gotten as far as trying to set Groups, much less Egg Timers for them, so thought we'd give it a try.

Created a Circuit Group, called "Quick Clean" to run the pump and cleaner for 30 minutes, to clean the pool prior to a swim.
Tested it by changing the time to 5 minutes, and clicked start. Pump started and cleaner started....after 5 minutes both turned off. Looks like it worked, although not sure if that is close to what you were trying to accomplish.

Never saw "Manual Op Priority" option. Assuming that means, when we set the time, it was in "Manual", not "Sunset" or "Sunrise". Also, selected "Show as Feature". Now, on front page, we click on "Features", and the "Group" is an option.
-Peg
Ron,
We just created the group and set the egg timer on the iOS app. Didn't go out to the panel. I doubt that we will use egg timers much. If/when we get our new light working we will probably create one for the waterfall and lights, so we don't forget to turn them off.

If I'm understanding it correctly, if we leave the Manual OP Priority set to "OFF", then a scheduled event would override the egg timer setting. So, for example, we set the "group" to "ON" at 9:00PM to clean the pool for 30 minutes prior to skinny dipping, and a schedule is set to run the same circuits starting at 9:15PM, then the schedule would kick in and continue as scheduled...overriding the manual run.

Right now, we are having trouble getting the light set up. We had an older light that wasn't compatible with IntelliCenter, so replaced it. However, just like the older light, it keeps tripping the circuit breaker and we can't get it programmed. We had a Paraglo, so upgraded it to one of theirs that, supposedly, is compatible. Paramount is sending someone out on Monday to see what's going on. Wish us luck!! Other than that, all of our other issues seem to be resolved with the new firmware......so far.
-Peg

Peggy,
We just created the group and set the egg timer on the iOS app. Didn't go out to the panel. I doubt that we will use egg timers much. If/when we get our new light working we will probably create one for the waterfall and lights, so we don't forget to turn them off.
Yea, I have a few egg timers set and your right. Mostly good to help turn certain things off in case you forget.

If I'm understanding it correctly, if we leave the Manual OP Priority set to "OFF", then a scheduled event would override the egg timer setting. So, for example, we set the "group" to "ON" at 9:00PM to clean the pool for 30 minutes prior to skinny dipping, and a schedule is set to run the same circuits starting at 9:15PM, then the schedule would kick in and continue as scheduled...overriding the manual run.
Now that's a good question because I have never tested that exact scenario that you pose. A scheduled event might override the egg timer or it may not. It depends on what equipment that we are talking about. As for pump speeds, here is good rule of thumb - THE HIGHER SPEED ALWAYS WINS. That should be self-explanatory. Whatever schedule or user input involves the higher pump speed, that will be the speed that the automation favors. As far as valve or heater settings, then the schedule should win. Are you going to make me go out in 110 degree temps and start testing these scenarios? lol... :p :poke:

Right now, we are having trouble getting the light set up. We had an older light that wasn't compatible with IntelliCenter, so replaced it. However, just like the older light, it keeps tripping the circuit breaker and we can't get it programmed. We had a Paraglo, so upgraded it to one of theirs that, supposedly, is compatible. Paramount is sending someone out on Monday to see what's going on. Wish us luck!! Other than that, all of our other issues seem to be resolved with the new firmware......so far.
Your priority is to first resolve the issue of the light tripping the breaker. I'm not even going to speculate because that could be one of several problems. YES.. GET THAT RESOLVED ASAP. Pool light circuit breaker trips are serious, so don't attempt to use that light. Just leave the breaker off until a licensed pool electrician can take a look and resolve the issue. I can tell you the story of the man in Phoenix who assumed "pool water temperature" because of a malfunctioning pool light, but I think you get the idea. (y)
That is great you have someone coming over on Monday! But if you ever need an outstanding pool electrician in the future, let me know.

Glad the updated beta firmware is working out. I have took note.
Thanks and take care...
r.

Peggy,

Yea, I have a few egg timers set and your right. Mostly good to help turn certain things off in case you forget.

Now that's a good question because I have never tested that exact scenario that you pose. A scheduled event might override the egg timer or it may not. It depends on what equipment that we are talking about. As for pump speeds, here is good rule of thumb - THE HIGHER SPEED ALWAYS WINS. That should be self-explanatory. Whatever schedule or user input involves the higher pump speed, that will be the speed that the automation favors. As far as valve or heater settings, then the schedule should win. Are you going to make me go out in 110 degree temps and start testing these scenarios? lol... :p :poke:

Your priority is to first resolve the issue of the light tripping the breaker. I'm not even going to speculate because that could be one of several problems. YES.. GET THAT RESOLVED ASAP. Pool light circuit breaker trips are serious, so don't attempt to use that light. Just leave the breaker off until a licensed pool electrician can take a look and resolve the issue. I can tell you the story of the man in Phoenix who assumed "pool water temperature" because of a malfunctioning pool light, but I think you get the idea. (y)
That is great you have someone coming over on Monday! But if you ever need an outstanding pool electrician in the future, let me know.

Thanks and take care...
r.
We thought the same thing...not a good idea to turn the light on until it's checked out. It's a 12V so a little safer, I hope. I think I remember the story you mentioned. I think that happened when we first moved here. Thanks for the offer of an electrician. Will keep that in mind. Right now, Paramount is sending out the company that handles their products under warranty.
-Peg

Reactions: MyAZPool
Peggy,

Thanks and take care...
r.
Ron,
We now have the light working, so back to picking your brain... Is it possible to create a "group" that would allow us to turn on the light and waterfall together?
We have set both to show as a "feature", but only the lights show there on the front iOS page. Waterfall just shows on the "Pool" page. (Pentair reassigned the waterfall to the "spa" relay, since that was the only way to control the pump speed on the waterfall....we have SuperFlo VS, so it was a "work around".
When I go to system configuration, and "feature group" or "circuit group" the lights (which show as on Aux 1) do not show up anywhere to choose for the group. Waterfall does.
Right now, we have just created a schedule for each, set to the same time. Any suggestions?
-Peg

Ron,
We now have the light working, so back to picking your brain... Is it possible to create a "group" that would allow us to turn on the light and waterfall together?
We have set both to show as a "feature", but only the lights show there on the front iOS page. Waterfall just shows on the "Pool" page. (Pentair reassigned the waterfall to the "spa" relay, since that was the only way to control the pump speed on the waterfall....we have SuperFlo VS, so it was a "work around".
When I go to system configuration, and "feature group" or "circuit group" the lights (which show as on Aux 1) do not show up anywhere to choose for the group. Waterfall does.
Right now, we have just created a schedule for each, set to the same time. Any suggestions?
-Peg
Peggy,
Your doing everything correct, just one thing.
Navigate to SETTINGS > SYSTEM CONFIGURATION > CIRCUITS > AUX 1. Click on "Light" and check the checkbox "Show as Feature".
Now try again. You should be good.
Question: Is your web client good or is it down? Just curious. Mine has been down for over 24 hours now. I'm working off of the iOS app "local Connection", so my instructions above are kind of based on memory which is always the best. :p
LMK how that works out for you.
r.

Reactions: GCyr
Peggy,
Your doing everything correct, just one thing.
Navigate to SETTINGS > SYSTEM CONFIGURATION > CIRCUITS > AUX 1. Click on "Light" and check the checkbox "Show as Feature".
Now try again. You should be good.
Question: Is your web client good or is it down? Just curious. Mine has been down for over 24 hours now. I'm working off of the iOS app "local Connection", so my instructions above are kind of based on memory which is always the best. :p
LMK how that works out for you.
r.
Ron,
Do your instructions need to be done at the panel? We have been trying to do this within the iOS. We have the lights, which show as on AUX1, in Circuits, set to "Show as Feature". The light does show as a feature on the "Home page". However, when we try to add the lights to a "Circuit Group" or "Feature Group, neither AUX1 or Lights shows in the list to select from. Also, we selected the Waterfall to "show as feature", but it only shows on the home page where it used to show "Spa", below the pool, not within the "Features", with the lights. We can, however, select the waterfall from the "Circuit Group" list, just missing the "lights" selection. Can't seem to find that circuit to add.

And....no the Web Client is down. We are using the "local connection" too.

Peggy,
Web Client is back up for me.
There is no such thing as a "Feature Group".
There are 3 types of circuits.
AUX Circuits: These are power relay circuits.
FEATURE Circuits. These are "Virtual" circuits used mostly for pump speeds/flows, some types of heaters and valve actuators.
CIRCUIT GROUPS. These are macros where AUX Circuits and FEATURE Circuits can be embedded within one macro command.

Go to your light AUX Circuit and insure that the "show as feature" checkbox is checked (In fact all of your AUX circuits should be configured this way to ensure they can be used in the CIRCUIT GROUPS).
1592269167160.png

Scroll down to CIRCUIT GROUPS > ADD CIRCUIT GROUP.
Create a Circuit Group name "Circuit Name (required).
Click on ADD CIRCUIT. Select a Circuit from the pulldown. You can select any of your AUX or FEATURE Circuits. Keep doing this until you have all of the AUX and FEATURE Circuits that you want included in the macro.
When done, click SAVE.
1592269620542.png

LMK if this works for you or if you are still having issues and we'll go from there.
r...

Note: There are some situations when you can embed one macro (CIRCUIT GROUP) in another macro.

Last edited:
Peggy,
Web Client is back up for me.
There is no such thing as a "Feature Group".
There are 3 types of circuits.
AUX Circuits: These are power relay circuits.
FEATURE Circuits. These are "Virtual" circuits used mostly for pump speeds/flows, some types of heaters and valve actuators.
CIRCUIT GROUPS. These are macros where AUX Circuits and FEATURE Circuits can be embedded within one macro command.

Go to your light AUX Circuit and insure that the "show as feature" checkbox is checked (In fact all of your AUX circuits should be configured this way to ensure they can be used in the CIRCUIT GROUPS).
View attachment 147186

Scroll down to CIRCUIT GROUPS > ADD CIRCUIT GROUP.
Create a Circuit Group name "Circuit Name (required).
Click on ADD CIRCUIT. Select a Circuit from the pulldown. You can select any of your AUX or FEATURE Circuits. Keep doing this until you have all of the AUX and FEATURE Circuits that you want included in the macro.
When done, click SAVE.
View attachment 147191

LMK if this works for you or if you are still having issues and we'll go from there.
r...

Note: There are some situations when you can embed one macro (CIRCUIT GROUP) in another macro.
Well, S@#t!!! (Sorry....Not really). We went out to the Web Client and had an entirely different view of the System Config. Wouldn't you think that both programs would allow the same functions? Especially since their Web Client is down, more than up!!
We had the right method, just not the right options available on the iOS app. Now we have the macro working, except we can't find where we can set the light color that we want to have come on within the group. On the home page>Lights, it shows the color selected as "blue". When we start the group function, the light turns on to the "Caribbean", which isn't so bad, but do you know how to set different colors within the group?
-Peg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, S@#t!!! (Sorry....Not really). We went out to the Web Client and had an entirely different view of the System Config. Wouldn't you think that both programs would allow the same functions? Especially since their Web Client is down, more than up!!
We had the right method, just not the right options available on the iOS app. Now we have the macro working, except we can't find where we can set the light color that we want to have come on within the group. On the home page>Lights, it shows the color selected as "blue". When we start the group function, the light turns on to the "Caribbean", which isn't so bad, but do you know how to set different colors within the group?
-Peg
Lol... Sure..
HOME > LIGHTS on the Web Client.
1592276868554.png

Same on the iOS app.
1592276887741.png

-Peg
Peggy,
Quick question. What do you mean by "we went OUT to the Web Client"? The web client is on your desktop/laptop. Are you instead suggesting that you went out to the control panel and tried to setup configs via the "TouchScreen" by any chance? If so, that's not really the most user friendly method of setting up configs.
LMK
r.

Ron,
Peggy,
Quick question. What do you mean by "we went OUT to the Web Client"? The web client is on your desktop/laptop. Are you instead suggesting that you went out to the control panel and tried to setup configs via the "TouchScreen" by any chance? If so, that's not really the most user friendly method of setting up configs.
LMK
r.
Ron,
No, what I meant is that we "went out to the Web Client" on the PC(desktop), instead of the iOS app. We don't ever want to go out to the panel, unless we have too. LOL
-Peg

• Haha
Ron,

Ron,
No, what I meant is that we "went out to the Web Client" on the PC(desktop), instead of the iOS app. We don't ever want to go out to the panel, unless we have too. LOL
-Peg
Ron,
Thanks for your help. We now have a "group" that allows us to run the lights (in the color mode we want) along with the waterfall. We spoke to our other guru (at Pentair) and he said that we needed to set the light to "Party Mode" twice in order to get the lights to sync power cycles. We also learned, from Paramount, to be patient when making changes. If we make changes too quickly, it creates conflicting commands and trips the circuit breaker. Maybe that is just a Paraglo issue.
The egg timer works well with the v1.045 beta. Just created a schedule for the group also. Will see in a few hours if that works, but it worked well with a "quick clean" group, manually and scheduled runs, so don't anticipate any issues.
-Peg

Edit: Changed the schedule to test it, and WOOHOO, everything works well. Light came on to the requested mode and waterfall came on. Both turned off as scheduled. Happy Campers...for now. If only they could get the Web Client and iOS to stay up! And, if we could get Alexa to get off her lazy backside and run everything for us, we'd be set!

Last edited:
Ron,
Thanks for your help. We now have a "group" that allows us to run the lights (in the color mode we want) along with the waterfall. We spoke to our other guru (at Pentair) and he said that we needed to set the light to "Party Mode" twice in order to get the lights to sync power cycles. We also learned, from Paramount, to be patient when making changes. If we make changes too quickly, it creates conflicting commands and trips the circuit breaker. Maybe that is just a Paraglo issue.
The egg timer works well with the v1.045 beta. Just created a schedule for the group also. Will see in a few hours if that works, but it worked well with a "quick clean" group, manually and scheduled runs, so don't anticipate any issues.
-Peg

Edit: Changed the schedule to test it, and WOOHOO, everything works well. Light came on to the requested mode and waterfall came on. Both turned off as scheduled. Happy Campers...for now. If only they could get the Web Client and iOS to stay up! And, if we could get Alexa to get off her lazy backside and run everything for us, we'd be set!
Peggy,
Excellent. Thanks for the feedback.
59.jpg
Take care...
r.

The Website is back up tonight, but now can't open schedules to edit. Had to go to iOS app to make a change. Got an email from Pentair, today, saying they are working on the issues, and asking for patience.
See Post #358 of the following thread for further detailed information.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.