Pentair IntelliBrite Light delay

NashLC

May 19, 2020
Nashville, TN
On my Pentair IntelliBrite 5G pool light:
When using a controller and changing between fixed individual colors (i.e. going from Blue to Red) the light will go off between color changes for between 12-15 seconds. When using a controller and changing between light “show” modes (i.e. going from Caribbean to Sunset) the light will go off between changes for between 5-12 seconds.
Does anyone know if this is normal? Or can the delay be changed in the controller?

Hi Nash, I'm not a Pentair expert but this is my observation. I have Intellibrite lights too. The lights change colors from switching the power on and off. Every time the power is cycled quickly it will change let say red to blue and so forth. To do this from the main control you would have to keep pushing the light button on and off to cycle to the color or preferred light show. The control does this through one single button action. The main control though is still cycling through looking for what you have chosen. Does this explain it? It appears to be the nature of the beast. Try using your controller and stand my your main load center, you will here the relay powering on and off cycling through to your choice. It takes mine a while too. Never timed it, but it can be annoying. If you don't have a manual for the lights you can down load from Pentair. It explains how they work.

Similar situation with mine as well. Even more odd is that I can not get a solid color on my Pentair Intellibrite system. Does anyone know how to get a solid non-color changing blue, green, red, clear or purple as shown on the app?

In the programming somewhere in the lights (At the load center), you have to select Intellibrite. Can't remember off the top of my head where that is in the system, but if you do not tell it what type of light it is it won't work correctly.

At your pool equipment, you have an electrical box with breakers, ect? Since you have Pentair ScreenLogic I assume you have a Pentair Load Center, EasyTouch or Intellitouch? it is the almond color box with circuit breakers inside and has an electric board where you can program all your pool equipment. That's the load center I'm referring to. In the programming there is a section you tell which auxiliary circuit to use to run the lights. Also in the programming is a place to tell the system what type of light you are using. You can scroll through a list and select your lights. It then knows how to communicate correctly with the light. Sorry best way I can explain it. You can call Pentair and have them walk you through the programming to get it done. You can also down load the manual from their site, I find the manual very confusing and took me a while to get mine programmed. I would still down load for reference but call them for assistance. Once you get everything programmed correctly from the load center, the app should work. My lights too did not work correctly with the app until I told the load center what type of lights they were.

At your pool equipment, you have an electrical box with breakers, ect? Since you have Pentair ScreenLogic I assume you have a Pentair Load Center, EasyTouch or Intellitouch? it is the almond color box with circuit breakers inside and has an electric board where you can program all your pool equipment. That's the load center I'm referring to. In the programming there is a section you tell which auxiliary circuit to use to run the lights. Also in the programming is a place to tell the system what type of light you are using. You can scroll through a list and select your lights. It then knows how to communicate correctly with the light. Sorry best way I can explain it. You can call Pentair and have them walk you through the programming to get it done. You can also down load the manual from their site, I find the manual very confusing and took me a while to get mine programmed. I would still down load for reference but call them for assistance. Once you get everything programmed correctly from the load center, the app should work. My lights too did not work correctly with the app until I told the load center what type of lights they were.

Thank you so much for your response, Desert Dog.
I do have an IntelliTouch, and I have gone in and programmed the light through my control panel. But I have those delays when I try to switch from color-to-color or mode-to-mode....there are 5-15 second delays when the pool goes black. Does that not happen with your light (or anyone else's light)? Also - what app are you referring to, or using?

Start reading the thread from the top. It got off topic a bit. Yes, I have a delay and I tried to explain it above. I'm not an expert but since the system switches on and off to scroll through to your selection, there is a delay. You would think they would figure out a way for it to be instant but the control does not actually talk to the light. It turns it on and off in a sequence to get to your desired color or show. For it to be instant you would probably need a comm cable run through your conduit and to the light. Talk about a pain in the #$$. Anyhow to get from let's say Blue to Sunset for example. The power to the light may need to be switched on and off 6 times. The control in the load center is doing that and hence your delay.

Reactions: GDN

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Correct- the delay is normal and you can't get around it as others note above. As you noted when you select the color - the Intellitouch is just flipping the switch the number of times required to change from one color to another. If the light were wired to a wall switch you could stand there and flip it the desired number of times - but it will be off during the time you are flipping the switch, then it comes back on. Your automation is doing that for you and the light will be off while it happens.

This is the number of times it has to "flip the switch" to get to a desired color. This is from the manual linked above.

To select a color show mode (1-7) or fixed color (8-12), turn the wall switch off/on a specific number of times. Each number (1-12) shown below corresponds to the number of times to power-cycle the switch to activate a color light show or fixed color.
1. SAm® Mode: Cycles through white, magenta, blue and green colors (emulates the Pentair SAm® light).
2. Party Mode: Rapid color changing building energy and excitement.
3. Romance Mode: Slow color transitions creating a mesmerizing and calming effect.
4. Caribbean Mode: Transitions between a variety of blues and greens.
5. American Mode: Patriotic red, white and blue transition.
6. California Sunset Mode: Dramatic transitions of orange, red and magenta tones.
7. Royal Mode: Richer, deeper color tones.
8. Blue: Fixed color.
9. Green: Fixed color.
10. Red: Fixed color.
11. White: Fixed color.
12. Magenta: Fixed color

Reactions: MyAZPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.