Manor
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I turned on my lights tonight while outside doing some maint. When I turned on from screen logic (ios) I noticed the light came in for 3-5 seconds then turned off. I the hear the relay clcikjng several times then silence and no light. I can duplicate this using "all on", selecting one of the colors such as royal or carribean,

Any thoughts? Search for light click relay pentair was less than fruitful.

Shawn,

Not sure what is going on exactly, but that is how the light and relay work..

The relay quickly turns on and off a set number of times for each different color.

I don't have any color changing lights, so I don't know if what you are seeing is normal or not.

Do the lights work like the should when you want them on??

Thanks,

Jim R.

I turned on my lights tonight while outside doing some maint. When I turned on from screen logic (ios) I noticed the light came in for 3-5 seconds then turned off. I the hear the relay clcikjng several times then silence and no light. I can duplicate this using "all on", selecting one of the colors such as royal or carribean,

Try replacing the relay. If you have an un-used one in the system swap it for the one connected to the lights now. You can just move the wires (with the breaker off) and move the control wiring to the socket on the board used by the lights now.

If you don't have an open relay, get this from Amazon. You don't need to use OEM (and Pentair's are probably made by Omron anyway):

Shawn,

I re-read your initial post and see things differently now..

The relay sounds like it is working, but how do you know you have any AC voltage to the line side of the relay??

Sounds like your lights GFCI has popped.

If you have good voltage going into the line side of the relay, then as poolman points out, you need to test the AC out of the load side of the relay to see if the relay is working.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Shawn,

I re-read your initial post and see things differently now..

The relay sounds like it is working, but how do you know you have any AC voltage to the line side of the relay??

Sounds like your lights GFCI has popped.

If you have good voltage going into the line side of the relay, then as poolman points out, you need to test the AC out of the load side of the relay to see if the relay is working.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks guys. I'll test/look this weekend... quick last minute trip.

In my original post, I caused some confusion (sorry @1poolman1) by not mentioning that the after the relay clicking, the light would come back on after the clicking with the new selected color. Here is the sequence:

Turn light on > change color > relay turns light "off" with a click (one click), then, you hear a series of "two-tone" (one click sound and then one slightly lower pitched sound immediately) click back-t0-back like the relay is cycling on and then off. It seems as if the number of these two-tone pitches is dependent on the color you are on, and the color you are going to. I counted eight, 10, and 11 switching between the couple of color combinations I chose.

So, I think as I have read in a couple of posts that this is the system changing the color, but can you confirm? I have never heard the relays do this before, but that certainly doesn't mean it wasn't doing it. I think I read a post somewhere related to this, but I can't find it.

From what I can tell, everything is working correctly so this is more me being curious at this point.

Switching the light on and off in different sequences is the way the light color is changed. You can do that with a mechanical switch or the automation does it for you.

Sounds like you may have a led light that has one or more bad set(s) of colors ie reds, blues, greens LEDS. Verify by selecting each of the 3 independent colors from the app and see what come on. You said the light comes on for a few seconds then off, and are able to repeat the light coming on briefly then off, this indicates you are getting power to the light otherwise the light wouldn't come on at all. I see this issue all the time with Intellibrite lights user selects a color pattern and the corresponding LEDs inside the light are toasted. Have one in the back of my truck right now only lights up green. Looked strange half pool different color....

Attachments

• IMG_20231008_224439.jpg
    IMG_20231008_224439.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 1

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.