Pentair iCHLOR

The brochure puts a "1.0" next to the iChlor30 model (for 30,000 gal pools) which might indicate 1lbs/day production rate. My guess is they're trying to make a small SWG for those pools that just need a drop-in solution as opposed to Pentair's glaring problem of always requiring an automation system to go with their IntelliChlor SWG's. But given they've now put everything on board this unit, I suspect the price point will still be ridiculous high.

Move along, move along, nothing to see here...:blah:

Agreed, there needs to be a generating cell and a power/control center. Unless they have spec'd their power and control centers to be cheap and replaced in 5-8 years as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
First I've seen it. It looks like they rolled the power center and controls all into the cell. No install/user manual available yet.

It looks like they still use a flow sensor. There is a flow sensor listed under accessories here, http://www.pentairpool.com/products/sanitizers-ichlor-salt-chlorine-generator-493.htm

If you look under "Specs" in the link above, you will see a part number for the pool cell only, and a part number for the bundle that includes the power center. Looks to me like you can replace just the cell on this from that info.

Ooooh, good eye! Yes, it does! Seems like they designed it so the cell can be swapped. Nice. They need to hurry up and publish the manual so we can quit guessing! :)

If I read correctly from my Pentair sales and tech reps it is trade grade. If this is correct it will only be available through distribution for awhile.

Tell you Pentair reps that they need a system to display diagnostic info - volts, amps, etc. The fact that they actively hide this info from the pool owner is annoying and dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly, the output of that unit is somewhere between an IC-20 and IC-40. It would be inadequate for a 27k gallon pool. Like filters, SWGs are best when they are oversized for the pool volume. You want an IC-60 for the best bang-for-your-buck....

From the manual of it, it looks like it still needs a power center. There is a new version of power center: iChlor™ SCG power center PC110, which can communicate with intelliflo pump directly through RS485 cable. I think the old version cells such as IC40 IC 60 should work with this new power center as well.

First I've seen it. It looks like they rolled the power center and controls all into the cell. No install/user manual available yet.

It looks like they still use a flow sensor. There is a flow sensor listed under accessories here, http://www.pentairpool.com/products/sanitizers-ichlor-salt-chlorine-generator-493.htm

Pentair never really had a stand-alone SWG solution for retrofitting pools. Their SWG's were always higher priced and needed to be tied into an automation system otherwise you lost access to a lot of the built-in features and the user would be forced into installing timers and such to get it all to work right. I believe this iChor unit is targeted towards folks with existing pools that want an SWG but don't want the hassle and expense of doing a full automation installation. This unit directly targets the Hayward T-15 cell customer base as they are very close in chlorine output sizing...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.