Pentair IC40 vs CircuPool RJ-60 PLUS Salt Chlorine Generator

Welcome to the forum.
Most of use have great results from the Pentair Intellichlor SWCG's. Mind telling us what the issue is?

It just doesn’t produce the chlorine like it should. Showing low salt when there’s salt was one issue (I could taste the salt in the water). I was told to run a high level of salt. Now I have rust on my ladder and other parts of the pool. I’ll take a picture of everything connected later today.

How are you testing your water? Taking it to a pool store? A salt water chlorine generator really relies on balanced water chemistry.

For instance, if you don’t have enough cyanuric acid, the sun will cook off every bit of chlorine you produce quickly. Or you might have an algae bloom, which you can’t see, but it’s consuming your free chlorine.

Testing is paramount. The case of it showing low salt when you were sure the salt level was sufficient can be a thermistor failure in the flow switch. The flow switch can be easily changed for low cost or you can bypass the thermistor in the flow switch and use an external thermistor installed in the plumbing.

Let us know how you are testing.

It just doesn’t produce the chlorine like it should. Showing low salt when there’s salt was one issue (I could taste the salt in the water). I was told to run a high level of salt. Now I have rust on my ladder and other parts of the pool. I’ll take a picture of everything connected later today.
Too much salt can cause issues too

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.