Pentair IC40 Question...

AZCharlie

Gold Supporter
Jun 20, 2018
Cave Creek, Arizona
I have a new IC40 (installed about 3 weeks ago)...they unit is working great, but every once in a while, lights 1 & 2 - the salt level lights - alternately flash red and green. Is this normal? I've read every word of the manual, and I cannot find an explanation for this.

My latest results:

FC 5
CC 0
PH 7.7
TA 80
CH 250
CYA 80
Salt 3500

Thanks in advance.

They flash at start up or every 12 hours if the cell is on all the time. They are running the diagnostics and measuring the salinity of the water.

Are you running your pump 24 hours per day? If not, you need to have a timer for the SWCG that removes power from it when the pump is not running. That is the primary safety device. The flow switch on the SWCG is the secondary safety device. A SWCG can explode if it generates chlorine when there is no water flowing through it.

Yes, I run my pump 24/7. 19 hours at 1200 rpm, and 5 hours at 2500 rpm. The IC40 indicated low flow at 900 rpm, so I bumped the low speed cycle to 1200.

The unit is controlled by my Intelliph controller.

The every 12 hours explanation makes sense since I've only seen it happen at approximately the same time in the morning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.