Pentair IC40 no lights

russeld

Jul 19, 2023
Anthem, Arizona
My pool, ~10K gallons, and now my 5th summer. This my second IC40, the 1st lasted 3 years. this one only 1 year.
Chemistry is ok except for high salt (5200 ppm). pH 7.4 Alk: 110, CYA: 75, Pho: 90, FC: .9 (added liq NaOCl), Ca: 500.

The IC40 had no lights when pool temp rose above 50deg this winter. Will high salt potentially 'break' the Salt Generator?

Russ,

Salt has nothing to do with not having any lights on the IC40...

That is an indication that your cell is not getting any DC power.

If you have a standalone cell, then I'd want to check the fuse in the Power Center. It could also be a bad Power Center surge card, or no AC input to the Power Center at all.

If you have an EasyTouch, it has to be in the Pool or Spa mode before the cell will get any power. Check the small circuit breaker in the upper right of the main panel. It also has a surge card that can be bad.

In both cases there should be about 28 AC going to the surge card.. The surge card then changes the AC into about 30 to 40 volts DC that powers the cell.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.