Pentair IC40 Issues

Aug 22, 2016
Corpus Christi Tx
Moved from here.
I have the same issue. Called Pentair and as usual they were no help. Told me to replace the cell.
I also get a clean cell light. I cleaned the cell, but nothing really on it.
I will try the flow switch thing first.
If I have to replace the IC40 is the new Ichlor 30K any better? The reviews on Amazon are pretty bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob,

A 30K cell is too small for a 20K pool.. You need a cell that is rated for 40K or higher.

When the cell light comes on, on an IC40, and the cell is clean, it basically means the cell is dead. You can replace the flow switch if you want, but I can't see it fixing your problem.

How old is the cell? If over 4 years old, then I'd get a replacement IC40.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last check was around 3500 ppm. That was at leslies. The cell is around 2.5 years old.
Not sure if I should replace the cell or upgrade to the new one. Pool is in Texas and gets a lot of sun. Algae is always a issue.
Thanks for the help I guess I will replace with a new IC40 cell.

Pool is in Texas and gets a lot of sun. Algae is always a issue.

Bob,

Sorry, but if you get algae, ever, you are just not doing it right. I suspect that you are running your FC way too low...

See this chart under the saltwater section.... FC/CYA Levels

The only way to take good care of a pool, and never get algae, is to test the water yourself.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.