Pentair ic 40 low salt light

roth79

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2009
I have a ic 40 that’s only 2 years old, I. Getting low salt light but the cold water light is not on, temp is 53 degrees, ya in Florida brrrr.... I reset it power off and still on. Tfp salt test shows 3400 as of this morning, Added 40 lbs Yesterday and the salt is fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Roth79

The salinity monitor gets very erratic at low temperatures. It is best to turn off the SWCG and use liquid chlorine while your water temperatures are below 60F.

Roth,

Your cell is working pretty much like every other IC40... What Marty says is spot on..

My cell has been off for a couple of months. I just use Liquid Chlorine in the winter... It does not take much..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks guys.... the cold water light wasn’t on so that concerned me, but will do. Should warm up in the next week or so, in Florida. Thanks again.

Keep an eye on it when the water warms up. The weak link of the Intellichlor's is the flow switch/temperature sensor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.