Pentair Glowbrites

Bvacchiano

Silver Supporter
Apr 6, 2018
Sugar Land, Texas
Just curious how long u should get out of these. My spa light is going berserk, wrong color and flickers constantly. I’ve had my pool for 3.5 years. I very rarely use my lights. I actually find them annoying with the bugs. Anyways to replace one light is like $1000. Rediculous for something I use so sparingly.
Will also add that I had to put the spa light on the same circuit as the pool lights as I ran out of circuits when I got my chiller done so when I turn pool lights in the spa one comes on automatically.
Is there any other alternative now that I’ve had Glowbrites installed?? Other than just disconnecting the spa light.

Florida Sunseeker sells lights that can replace the Globrite. They will fit into the receptacle, but the outside of the light is about 6" in diameter. So measure out about 4" from the center of your light to be sure they will work.

If you got 3.5 years out of Globrite, using them or not, that is a good run. They have a seal on the lens that fails. Typically around 2-3 years.

You can replace them yourself. It is very easy. Just need to get a pull cord.

My spa Globrite is failing after not quite 2 years. It started last fall when water temps dropped, with the light being out of sync with the pool lights. Then this fall, it started doing that again, and then after a week, it got to where it won't come on unless the water is up to about 85 degrees or so. There is another member on here who's spa light is also failing and is doing the same thing. I suspect the failure of the spa light ahead of any of the pool lights is due to the heat cycling of the water.

Pentair has come out with an adapter to retrofit MicroBrites to the GloBrite niche, Pentair PN 618040. However it appears that they may not be available as of yet. They also have the Microbrite G light, which is the Microbrite color w/Globrite adapter and 150' cord, PN 620166.

Florida Sunseeker and the Microbrite with adapter are the only 2 replacement options at the moment, other that the original GloBrite.

--Jeff

Is there a way to tell by just looking at the niche if it is a Glowbrites? My pool contract says that what it is but these niches are little. When I look at the pics of Glowbrites they are pretty big. I mean the bulb from the outside looks like half an inch in diameter. Maybe these are Intellubrites?

I don't know of any lights that are only 1/2" diameter. The globrite is very small, maybe 2". The photos that I have seen from Pentair show some sort of a ring around it that I believe is used for a fiberglass pool installation.

--Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.