Pentair Globrite replacement

Jul 16, 2016
Sarasota, Florida
Our light has dimmed significantly. My husband swam down to the light and noticed that it looks like there are 3 "lights" in it and only 1 is working. We read that you can just unscrew the "casing" around the light and pull the wire with it up to the pool deck to replace the bulb. (Please excuse my verbiage as I may not be calling the names exactly what they are.). Anyway, when he tried to pull the wire, it wouldn't budge. We did a little more research and we don't have a junction box. It seems that the light is direct wired to the switch/electrical panel area. So...we know at this point, we will need to drain the pool down below the light. We thought we could just replace the LED bulb but are having a hard time replacing just that. We have also read they fail frequently and are also proprietary. Is there ANYTHING we can replace this with and/or what exactly do we need to get our light working again?
Thank you!

You have the information incorrect on the light.
The light and cord are integral. You must replace the entire system. You unlatch the light from the receptacle with a tool you should have received from the person that installed them. You disconnect the light at the junction box and pull the light out from the pool. You do not need to drain the pool.

There are replacements for the Globrite from another company. They do not use the latch system but a friction fit. The light are bigger in diameter. Florida Sunseeker markets them.

You disconnect the wire at the transformer and tape a pull string to the wire.

Pull the light out which pulls the pull string through the conduit.

Tape the pull string to the new light wire and pull the wire from the pool to the transformer.

Connect the wires to the transformer.

Install the light in the niche.

All can be done without draining the pool is you can work in the water by the light.

Reactions: mknauss
Do you have a link to the one from Florida Sunseeker that would fit the receptacle? He is going to look at the other transformer tomorrow. He said one goes to the IC40 SWG. He didn't know what the other was for. I am assuming it IS for the light. So...we will need a whole new system and he pulls the new cord through a conduit underground? I am sorry. He is the handyman. I am just the typist. Ha.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You disconnect the wire at the transformer and tape a pull string to the wire.

Pull the light out which pulls the pull string through the conduit.

Tape the pull string to the new light wire and pull the wire from the pool to the transformer.

Connect the wires to the transformer.

Install the light in the niche.

All can be done without draining the pool is you can work in the water by the light.
We don't have to drain the pool then?

We don't have to drain the pool then?

Not if you can pull out the light and wire with water in the pool.

It depends what you need to do to loosen the wire in the niche.

Can you stand where the light is?

Reactions: Volgirl65
It depends what you need to do to loosen the wire in the niche.
You need the tool that should have been provided by the person whom installed the light originally. It assists in twisting the light to release from the dogs in the receptacle that hold the light.

Ok. I think you can do it with a couple screwdrivers or other devices. Just need to be able to turn the light that 1/8 turn.

Or, call the pool builder and tell them you need the tool for your Globrite. They may have a stack of them.

Reactions: Volgirl65

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.