Palm Springs, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi, so I've had terrible luck with the Pentair GlobBrite lights. ad to replace all 6 of them within several years of getting them.
Attached is a pic that shows the condition, I'm pretty sure its NOT supposed to look like that, and of course, it doesnt work.
yes, I am referring the brown dislocation on the lens. It's kinda like it exploded?
Anyone seen this or know anything about it?

Attachments

• G0078321.JPG
    G0078321.JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 20
GloBrites lights have various reliability issues. Since it is in a proprietary niche all you can do is replace it with another one. Rinse and repeat.

If the light is under Pentair warranty make a claim with them.

There is a company that sells replacement lights for the GloBrite niche. The lights are Pool Tone Nicheless from Florida-Sunseeker. I have no personal experience with them. They claim they have solved the seal issue the Pentair lights have.

I'm sure Ill be giving Pool Tone a try. I have NO faith in these GloBrites.
My question was really more about what could cause it to turn brown like that? Did it explode? Was the pool water too warm?
I've had others fail with the seal broken and water is in it, they didn't look like this.
It's annoying and expensive.

I suspect rust would make it brown.

I have two of them. One failed quickly and the other has now failed. To be able to control the lights with same colors, etc, you have to replace ALL of them with the Pool Tone.

I also saw a hack on adding sealant to a new Pentair light before install. They rely on an O ring that fails over time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.