pentair globrite led issue

SlipperyPete

Sep 19, 2020
Baton Rouge, LA
I have four Pentair globrite led lights. They are all wired together so I control them as one. Last night I looked outside and one of the lights was blinking like a strobe light. I keep my lights on 'blue' but this one was white and there was also a small bit of red on one side of the light. I changed the color and the blinking stopped, but that one light never seemed to sync up with the other 3 lights. Next, I flipped the breaker to the lights off in my panel. I gave it a 10-15 count and flipped it back on. That seemed to fix it except that I could still see some red coming from that light. I turned off the lights and left to visit family. Today I turned the lights back on and that same light was a different color than the other again. Once I change the color again, it seems to sync up and looks fine.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with this thing?

The electronics in the Globrite light is failing. There is nothing serviceable int he light. All you can do is replace it.

How old is the light?

Is it under warranty?

Make a warranty claim. You may have a 3 year warranty if it was part of a Pentair equipment bundle.

Reactions: JamesW
I’ve seen lots of posts about failures of Globrites. Has anyone had any luck getting them replaced outside of the 3 year warranty? I have one that went out recently that is a couple years outside the 3 year warranty. Just wondering if Pentair is doing anything due to the high failure rate.

I did not check with Pentair. The first time both mine were replaced was under warranty. Then another 3 years those failed. I bought Globrites and did the silicone sealant hack on the area that leaks. The lights are now 2 years old and still OK.

Next time they fail I am planning to install the small Florida Sunseeker lights that fit.

I did not check with Pentair. The first time both mine were replaced was under warranty. Then another 3 years those failed. I bought Globrites and did the silicone sealant hack on the area that leaks. The lights are now 2 years old and still OK.

Next time they fail I am planning to install the small Florida Sunseeker lights that fit.
Is that silicone sealer hack applicable to microbrites? I've about run out of patience with PB on waiting to seal a microbrite in spa with a tiny leakage. I've had it out, think I know the sealing areas, and have my trusty tube of silicone. He was just going to seal the adapter threads, but I'm more inclined there's more to between the light and adapter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.