pentair globrite--a way to replace with something else?

ryker

Gold Supporter
May 2, 2014
Inverness Fl
Well I have 2 pentair globrite led lights (3 yrs old/new) that are just like what is described in this post on TFP dated 3-21-17

Replacing Globrite LED pool lights

Mine leaked. Both! From reading here and doing a search on google, these lights seem to be junk.

Anybody know of a light that can be fitted to replace the globrite, that will fit into the niche, that is pentair specific, from what I understand, they came with the lights when the pool was built. If not, I will install the globrite, but I'm sure not happy about it. Everything else I have that is pentair has been great.

any replies will be appreciated.

Hi Ryker,

I don't believe there is another light that will fit in the Glo Brite Niche. I was thinking that the Hayward Nicheless 320 Light may work, but after furhter investigation they are longer than the globrites and wouldn't fit in the niche. The colorlogic manual says you need 9" min for the for LYWUS11xxx, LAWUS11xxx, LACUS11xxx & LYCUS11xxx models and 11" for the LACUN11xxx & LYCUN11xxx models. The globrite is only 6.25".

Well I have 2 pentair globrite led lights (3 yrs old/new) that are just like what is described in this post on TFP dated 3-21-17

Mine leaked. Both! From reading here and doing a search on google, these lights seem to be junk.

Anybody know of a light that can be fitted to replace the globrite, that will fit into the niche, that is pentair specific, from what I understand, they came with the lights when the pool was built. If not, I will install the globrite, but I'm sure not happy about it. Everything else I have that is pentair has been great.

what did you end up doing about this light? Mine has failed me and reading up about these lights... ugh.

Did you ever receive an answer on this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.