Pentair generator problems

Tim70

Apr 16, 2017
O'Fallon IL
i finally got my pool clean and the water clear. I had to take the DE filter apart and clean it every day for a week and a half, but it finally cleared up. Now my Pentair chlorine generator is flashing no flow, but there is clearly lots of flow. I saw some earlier threads about this problem, but no solutions.

the other thing is that last year every week when I had my water professionally tested they Had me add a gallon of liquid shock. When I used the test strips mid-week, it never had any chlorine. This thing is only two or three years old and I don’t think anything about works right.

How can I test it to see if it is actually generating anything?

Tim,

Are you sure it is not the Cell light that is flashing?

In any case it sounds like you had algae and that is why you had to clean your filter so often.

I suspect you still have algae, even if you can't see it. A SWCG can never keep the chlorine up if you have algae.

The only way to really get rid of algae is to do what we call a SLAM...

As far as your cell is concerned, if you set the output to 50% and run the pump, then your cell light should come on for 2.5 minutes and then be off for 2.5 minutes. If it does that, then you cell is making chlorine.

What size cell do you have? And what is the volume of your pool in gallons?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.